Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, 2019)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Dylan

Re: Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, 2019)

#1026 Post by Dylan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:41 pm

On the Variety Awards Circuit podcast, Margot Robbie claims that there is a twenty-hour cut of Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood.
Margot Robbie wrote:There’s a 20-hour cut of “Once Upon a Time in… Hollywood” that would… there’s so much more that you didn’t get to see, that we shot that was amazing, and for a million reasons obviously, can’t make the cut.

aox

#1027 Post by aox » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:18 pm

I have no doubt there are deleted scenes, and maybe even 1-3 hours worth (to her credit), but I have to wonder if she is referring to a "work print".

therewillbeblus

#1028 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:28 pm

Now that would be the ultimate "hang-out" movie

Ovader

#1029 Post by Ovader » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:56 pm

I suspect that was an April Fools comment.

Dylan

#1030 Post by Dylan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Ovader wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:56 pm
I suspect that was an April Fools comment.
Robbie was probably being hyperbolic, but I don't believe the Variety Awards Circuit podcast was actually recorded on April Fool's Day, so the date the podcast aired was likely a coincidence. I'm guessing that she was actually referring to the alternate cut Tarantino has already talked about in interviews, which is apparently eighty minutes longer than the theatrical release.

Slaphappy

#1031 Post by Slaphappy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:58 am

Ovader wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:17 pm
Slaphappy wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:29 am
This book is described by the publisher as a “deep dive into the movies of the 1970’s, a rich mix of essays, reviews, personal writing, and tantalizing “what if’s,” from one of cinema’s most celebrated filmmakers, and its most devoted fan.”
I'm intrigued by tantalising "what if's" regarding the seventies. After seeing OUaTiH I dwelled a lot in thoughts about what would 70's movies have looked like with out the Manson murders, as the event is often regarded as the starting point of the paranoid and pessimistic atmosphere of next decade.
QT mentions for a few minutes the "what if's" of Rick Dalton's filmography on this recent Pure Cinema Podcast episode. That bit starts at the 00:28:28 minute mark. He is unsure what he will do with the writing but I suspect it may be part of that book project.
Some fun speculation there. Curious if in OUaTiH timeline Polanski had still directed Macbeth next and if so would it be a bit more playful as his previous three and maybe even star Rick Dalton. Surely the Cinderella ending suggests that they might have become friends and worked together.