Hayao Miyazaki

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.

Moderator: DarkImbecile

Message
Author
User avatar
RobertB
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Hayao Miyazaki

#51 Post by RobertB » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm

DelMonico Books and Academy Museum of Motion Pictures have published a book about Miyazaki with lots of artwork. Amazon has it in stock. It's not cheap. Has anybody bought any books from DelMonico before? I would like to know how much text vs pictures I can expect and if it's good quality binding/paper.
https://delmonicobooks.com/book/hayao-miyazaki/

beamish14
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Re: Hayao Miyazaki

#52 Post by beamish14 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:21 pm

RobertB wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm
DelMonico Books and Academy Museum of Motion Pictures have published a book about Miyazaki with lots of artwork. Amazon has it in stock. It's not cheap. Has anybody bought any books from DelMonico before? I would like to know how much text vs pictures I can expect and if it's good quality binding/paper.
https://delmonicobooks.com/book/hayao-miyazaki/

I pre-ordered it from the Academy Museum a few months ago, and it already arrived. Just gorgeous. I'd buy it directly from their bookshop.

User avatar
The Elegant Dandy Fop
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:25 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Hayao Miyazaki

#53 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm

beamish14 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:21 pm
RobertB wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm
DelMonico Books and Academy Museum of Motion Pictures have published a book about Miyazaki with lots of artwork. Amazon has it in stock. It's not cheap. Has anybody bought any books from DelMonico before? I would like to know how much text vs pictures I can expect and if it's good quality binding/paper.
https://delmonicobooks.com/book/hayao-miyazaki/

I pre-ordered it from the Academy Museum a few months ago, and it already arrived. Just gorgeous. I'd buy it directly from their bookshop.
Miyazaki is a filmmaker whose work is so well documented with numerous books. I know it's a silly question, but is there anything about this that makes it extra special and worth owning? I have a few colleagues over at the Academy Museum and have been excited about seeing this show finally open too.

beamish14
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Re: Hayao Miyazaki

#54 Post by beamish14 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 pm

The Elegant Dandy Fop wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm
beamish14 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:21 pm
RobertB wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm
DelMonico Books and Academy Museum of Motion Pictures have published a book about Miyazaki with lots of artwork. Amazon has it in stock. It's not cheap. Has anybody bought any books from DelMonico before? I would like to know how much text vs pictures I can expect and if it's good quality binding/paper.
https://delmonicobooks.com/book/hayao-miyazaki/

I pre-ordered it from the Academy Museum a few months ago, and it already arrived. Just gorgeous. I'd buy it directly from their bookshop.
Miyazaki is a filmmaker whose work is so well documented with numerous books. I know it's a silly question, but is there anything about this that makes it extra special and worth owning? I have a few colleagues over at the Academy Museum and have been excited about seeing this show finally open too.

There is certainly material that hasn't been published in any of the making-of artbooks for his films, and it's printed on incredibly nice paper stock.

It's not as mindblowingly comprehensive or elaborate as the Tim Burton art book which accompanied his touring retrospective, but it's definitely worth investing in.

Post Reply