Non-MoC Eureka Titles

The gossip on MoC. Lists and polls are STRONGLY discouraged.
L.A.

Re: Non-MoC Eureka titles

#326 Post by L.A. » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:32 pm

L.A. wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:23 am
Exciting Update! The Full list of Special Features for our release of THE BRIDE WITH WHITE HAIR can now be revealed!

Ronny Yu’s action-fantasy Wuxia classic, which is NOW set to be released on Blu-ray from a brand new 4K restoration as part of the Eureka Classics range on 9 November 2020 [New Date], featuring a Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase and Collector’s Booklet, will NOW include the following ADDITIONAL extras:

- Brand new interview with actor Joe Tay [21 mins]
- Brand new interview with screenwriter Jason Lam Kee To [56 mins]
- Brand new interview with composer Richard Yuen [24 mins]
- Brand new interview with editor David Wu [81 mins]

We can also confirm that this restoration has been NEWLY COLOUR-GRADED exclusively by Eureka Entertainment and OFFICIAL APPROVED BY RONNY YU.

Head to the Eureka Store for the Complete List of Special Features and to PRE-ORDER now https://bit.ly/3hMUbSV
DVD Compare.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Non-MoC Eureka titles

#327 Post by swo17 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:27 am

L.A.

Re: MoC Forthcoming, Wishlist, and Random Speculation

#328 Post by L.A. » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:44 pm

The SPECIAL FEATURES for our forthcoming release of DUEL TO THE DEATH have now been confirmed as follows:

Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling | 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a new 2K restoration from the original film elements | Original Cantonese audio | Optional English dubbed audio | Optional English Subtitles, newly revised for this release (including correct translations for the Japanese characters, incorrect on all previous English language releases of the film)| Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)| An Interview with Manfred Wong – an extensive interview with the screenwriter, covering his involvement in Duel to the Death and his illustrious and varied career in the Hong Kong entertainment industry | Duel Identity – Archival interview with actor Norman Chui Siu-keung | Flora Cheung on Duel to the Death – Archival interview with actress Flora Cheung | Alternate English credits | Stills galleries including rare production stills, artwork, and ephemera | Trailers | PLUS: A LIMITED EDITION collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver; and a reprint of Frank Djeng’s original liner notes from the US laserdisc release

DUEL TO THE DEATH, the action-packed kung-fu extravaganza often hailed by critics as ‘the Best Swordplay Movie ever’, comes to Blu-ray from 20 September. PRE-ORDER now https://bit.ly/3vtDTVC

Mel

Re: Non-MoC Eureka Titles

#329 Post by Mel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21 am

Last week I watched Werewolf (Wilkolak - 2018) from Eureka/Montage Pictures. I noticed very bad color banding (the worst I've seen actually) in the darker scenes. It looks like something went wrong. I also checked the dvd that's included and there it is even worse. The daytime scenes look fine. There are no extra's on the disk and it's a 88 minute movie so I think there is enough space on the disk. It was so distracting that it took me out of the movie. Most reviews talk about the movie and not so much about the technical details. Eureka always deliver top quality so I was very surprised. Does anyone else notice his bad banding in darker areas? The darkes areas seems to move and crawl, like some strange digital compression went wrong.

ChunkyLover

#330 Post by ChunkyLover » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:49 pm

Mel wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21 am
Last week I watched Werewolf (Wilkolak - 2018) from Eureka/Montage Pictures. I noticed very bad color banding (the worst I've seen actually) in the darker scenes. It looks like something went wrong. I also checked the dvd that's included and there it is even worse. The daytime scenes look fine. There are no extra's on the disk and it's a 88 minute movie so I think there is enough space on the disk. It was so distracting that it took me out of the movie. Most reviews talk about the movie and not so much about the technical details. Eureka always deliver top quality so I was very surprised. Does anyone else notice his bad banding in darker areas? The darkes areas seems to move and crawl, like some strange digital compression went wrong.
Does the booklet state who did the encoding? I wouldn't be surprised if Eureka give their Montage-branded films to an authoring house like Silversun (who are consistently not good).

Mel

#331 Post by Mel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:07 pm

Unfortunately my copy didn't have a booklet so I can't check who did the encoding.

L.A.

#332 Post by L.A. » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:04 pm

The SPECIAL FEATURES for our forthcoming release of FULL ALERT can now be CONFIRMED and are as follows:

Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju) | 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a High Definition transfer from the original film elements | Original Cantonese audio | Optional English Subtitles | Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) | Audio commentary by director Ringo Lam | Brand new interview with composer Peter Lam | Original theatrical trailer | PLUS: A LIMITED EDITION collector’s booklet featuring new writing by David West (NEO Magazine)

FULL ALERT (Masters of Cinema) is available to PRE-ORDER now https://bit.ly/2UQvmji

Finch

#333 Post by Finch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:20 pm

One of the titles to be announced on Thursday has been identified as Sammo Hung's Warriors Two. Nice!

Finch

#334 Post by Finch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Full Alert looks like an old but acceptable HD transfer to me but given how we've been spoiled with 2k restorations of many other HK titles and Joseph Kuo films, you might feel somewhat disappointed by this disc. To be fair, it's at the same low-ish price point as another unrestored HK film, PTU. Subtitles are good (spotted one typo). I got the impression that the audio was occasionally not aligned with the actors' lip movements but since I've only seen the film for the first time tonight, I don't know if that's a fault of the disc or inherent in the source. The film itself is very good. It feels grittier than a Johnnie To flick (not a diss at To whose Exiled and The Mission I still like better than this film) but also not as theatrical as John Woo could be in his 80/90s work. If you liked Wild Search, you might just love this. This was a blind buy for me and it's a keeper until someone hopefully restores the film in 2k or 4k.