Error 4444

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
L.A.

Error 4444

#1 Post by L.A. » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Error 4444 is an American genre label. Their aim (per Facebook):
...is to bring Asian cinema to the Blu-ray format for the very first time, featuring new restorations overseen by the filmmakers and releasing the films in limited collector’s edition packaging. They already have rights to a rare Japanese Sci-Fi/Horror film and are working on many more!
Their first release was just announced which is Anatomia Extinction (Yoshihiro Nishimura, 1995). More details coming up soon.

Maltic

Re: Error 4444

#2 Post by Maltic » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:15 pm

L.A. wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:06 pm
Error 4444 is an American genre label. Their aim (per Facebook):
...is to bring Asian cinema to the Blu-ray format for the very first time, featuring new restorations overseen by the filmmakers and releasing the films in limited collector’s edition packaging. They already have rights to a rare Japanese Sci-Fi/Horror film and are working on many more!
Their first release was just announced which is Anatomia Extinction (Yoshihiro Nishimura, 1995). More details coming up soon.

Looking forward to brand new colour schemes, aspect ratios, title sequences. One never steps into the same river twice! :D

Boosmahn

#3 Post by Boosmahn » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:24 pm

I overlooked the "genre film" part and was briefly hoping a label that could release Last Life in the Universe came along...

Still, this label sounds like one to look out for.

L.A.

#4 Post by L.A. » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03 pm

***ARTWORK/FEATURES REVEAL***

Making its worldwide Blu-ray debut this year from Error 4444 !

Yoshihiro Nishimura’s “Anatomia Extinction” AKA “GENKAI JINKÔ KEISÛ” (1995)!

Pre-orders will be available on 3/25!

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/

Special features and Specs:
•NEW SCAN & RESTORATION
OF ORIGINAL 16MM ELEMENTS SUPERVISED BY DIRECTOR, YOSHIHIRO NISHIMURA
•EXCLUSIVE ART CARDS BY YOSHIHIRO NISHIMURA
•INTRODUCTION BY YOSHIHIRO NISHIMURA
•DELETED CGI OPENING SEQUENCE
•SHORT FILM
•AUDIO COMMENTARY BY YOSHIHIRO NISHIMURA
•ANATOMIA EXTINCTION & TOKYO GORE POLICE: A SHARED WORLD BROKEN DOWN BY YOSHIHIRO NISHIMURA
•TRAILER
•NEW ENGLISH SUBTITLES DESIGNED BY YOSHIHIRO NISHIMURA
Extras:
•8-PAGE BOOKLET
•O-CARD SLIPCOVER WITH NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK
•NEW SLEEVE ART
•NEW REVERSIBLE SLEEVE ART
•2 STICKERS

LIMITED TO 1,000 copies

Synopsis: The story of a man who becomes infected by the Engineer and slowly mutates. Once infected, the Engineer’s victims go on relentless murder sprees and it is made quite clear that this is seen as the only way to get the exploding population back under control.

beamish14

#5 Post by beamish14 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Really excited about this announcement. I adore Funky Forest, and the DVD prices had gotten insane.

We’re thrilled we can finally announce some planned releases with you all! To start, we’re working on releasing both FUNKY FOREST: THE FIRST CONTACT (2006) and WARPED FOREST (2011) in HD for the first time. We’ve lined up tons of extras including a Director’s Cut of FUNKY and several other new features with creators Katsuhito Ishii, Hajime Ishimine and Shunichiro Miki. In addition, all of the features from the old FUNKY dvd will be included as well!

If you’ve never seen or heard of FUNKY FOREST, you’re in for a treat! We’re huge fans of it here at Error_4444 and we feel it’s probably best described to a newcomer as if David Lynch and David Cronenberg went on holiday together to Japan and then returned to pitch their experiences to Adult Swim.

As for WARPED FOREST, it remains mostly unseen with only a small festival run in 2012. Since then, its been locked away, but we’ve found the keys!! Working as a pseudo-sequel to FUNKY, WARPED is also filled with the same zaniness that we’ve all come to love—including naked women trees that grow vagina-like fruit, animals that feast on nipples to bring sexual pleasure and kaiju-sized humans living and working normal lives.

We're proud to unleash both of these cult oddities back into the public consciousness!! In addition, we’ll be announcing two 80’s Hong Kong horror titles very soon. So strap in and stay tuned. Thank you all!

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#6 Post by Michael Kerpan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Alas, while Nishimura seems to have quite a few fans, his style seems to be a near-total fail for me. Just too erratic and eccentric.

The Elegant Dandy Fop

#7 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Michael Kerpan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:01 pm
Alas, while Nishimura seems to have quite a few fans, his style seems to be a near-total fail for me. Just too erratic and eccentric.
I have to agree. Reminds me of the sort of cult revival of Japanese films of the early 2000s where the common adjective for Japanese films was “weird”. A little too much weird for the sake of being weird with Nishimura.

I’m curious about what will be coming from them in the future. None of their releases so far intrigue me, but I did preorder their first release just to support a new label doing something interesting (and just to give the film a shot). I am certainly intrigued by the announcement of Hong Kong films in the future. I blund buy category III films when I encounter them and have numerous on laserdisc and DVD that need to be rediscovered for the lovers of nasty genre films (Daughter of Darkness, Diary of a Serial Killer, Dr. Lamb, etc.).

cowboydan

#8 Post by cowboydan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:37 am

Anatomia Extinction looks similar to some of my favorites like Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer and 964 Pinocchio. I don't think it will quite reach the same level as those two films for me but I'm intrigued and looking forward to taking in the imagery it has to offer.