Academy Award nominee Bruce Dern stars in Silent Running, a sci-fi classic that journeys beyond the imagination. Botanist Freeman Lowell (Dern) has spent eight years aboard the space freighter Valley Forge preserving the only botanical specimens left from Earth under huge geodesic domes. When he receives orders to destroy the project and return home, Lowell rebels and hijacks the freighter, while plunging the craft into the gaseous rings of Saturn. From that moment on, he has only the trees, the gardens and two “Drone” robots, Huey and Dewey, to keep him company on his greatest adventure of all.
- The Making of Silent Running
- Silent Running by Douglas Trumbull
- A Conversation With Bruce Dern
- Douglas Trumbull: Then and Now
- Theatrical Trailer
- Optional Feature Commentary with Director Douglas Trumbull and Star Bruce Dern