Criterion Collection Store

The scuttlebutt on Criterion, Eclipse, and Janus Films. Lists and polls are STRONGLY discouraged.
DRW.mov

Re: Criterion Collection Store

#901 Post by DRW.mov » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 pm

britcom68 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 am
posting this out of curiosity, in case anyone knows: when did the Criterion Designs book disappear from the Criterion store? I saw a copy at a local independent book store yesterday for $48 and I quickly tried to look this up on my smart phone and could not find it on Criterion.com and the Amazon listings I could find this morning when logging into my Prime account are only from third-party vendors for outrageous prices. (I really don't need this book naturally, but if it has gone officially OOP, $48 sounds like a fantastic find.)

It has been completely out of print for over a year. Imve been looking for it everywhere. I’m a graphic designer and illustrator and would love to have it in my library for reference. Would you be willing to tell me where the book store is, or possibly have the book shipped to me?

britcom68

Re: Criterion Collection Store

#902 Post by britcom68 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 am

DRW.mov wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 pm
britcom68 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 am
posting this out of curiosity, in case anyone knows: when did the Criterion Designs book disappear from the Criterion store? I saw a copy at a local independent book store yesterday for $48 and I quickly tried to look this up on my smart phone and could not find it on Criterion.com and the Amazon listings I could find this morning when logging into my Prime account are only from third-party vendors for outrageous prices. (I really don't need this book naturally, but if it has gone officially OOP, $48 sounds like a fantastic find.)

It has been completely out of print for over a year. Imve been looking for it everywhere. I’m a graphic designer and illustrator and would love to have it in my library for reference. Would you be willing to tell me where the book store is, or possibly have the book shipped to me?
I did not think to put that copy on hold- Half Price books allows you to put things on hold for up to three days- when I called back to the store this copy had already sold. I asked them to check around at the other stores in our state that ships for free and none of them had any copies available for any price (nor any online). Neither of the people behind the counter I asked had any idea about this book being hard to find or any idea what it was about. sigh. :roll: If I ever see a copy come thru any of our local stores again I will send you a PM.
I guess my thought it to keep checking back to resale and used-independent stores around late April or early May when college semesters end and students and profs sell off their books for much-needed cash.