Imprint

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Imprint

#726 Post by domino harvey » Fri May 24, 2024 12:30 pm

August titles:

Crossplot (1969)
Banning (1967)
Jessica (1962)
Synanon (1965)
Woman of Straw (1964)
the Taming of the Shrew (1967)

M Sanderson

#727 Post by M Sanderson » Sat May 25, 2024 6:17 am

what's the likelihood of Imprint releasing The Presidio? A Paramount title whose region A release is pretty difficult to get hold of, with the only remaining copies on amazon and eBay either unwilling to ship to the UK, or charging a lot.

Peter Hyams - whose work often seems to be an attraction on Blu ray - with a post Untouchables Sean Connery adding star appeal and Mark Harmon in a military police role anticipating his stardom on television.

Apparently a very good off the shelf remaster as well.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#728 Post by swo17 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:36 pm

September announcements:

Tales of Adventure 4
King of The Rocket Men (1949) (HD)
Flying Disc Man from Mars (1950) (HD)
The Invisible Monster (1950) (HD)
Radar Men From The Moon (1952) (HD)
Zombies of the Stratosphere (1952) (SD)
Mysterious Doctor Satan (1940) (SD)
Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe (1953) (HD)

Voyage of the Damned

Capricorn One

MichaelB

#729 Post by MichaelB » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:07 am

I was lucky enough to see Blue in the Face before Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - i.e. I watched the latter having already seen Jim Jarmusch's rant about films featuring people casually throwing their guns away once they run out of bullets, regardless of the cost of the hardware and the difficulty in obtaining it.

Needless to say, Forest Whitaker then does the same thing in Ghost Dog, but we can be certain that it was in the spirit of satirical mockery.
Last edited by MichaelB on Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therewillbeblus

#730 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:01 pm

soundchaser wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:11 am
A new scan for Last Temptation, or even just better compression, would also make me seriously consider the box.
Can anyone report if this is a new scan? I don't have the Criterion to compare PQ, but the Imprint seems to look remarkably better than my experience watching it like ten years ago. Then again, memory's skewed

hearthesilence

#731 Post by hearthesilence » Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:53 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:07 am
I was lucky enough to see Blue in the Face before Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - i.e. I watched the latter having already seen Jim Jarmusch's rant films featuring people casually throwing their guns away once they run out of bullets, regardless of the cost of the hardware and the difficulty in obtaining it.

Needless to say, Forest Whitaker then does the same thing in Ghost Dog, but we can be certain that it was in the spirit of satirical mockery.
Many of Jarmusch's appearances at screenings over the past decade are streamable - pretty much every single one he's done for Lincoln Center is available on their YouTube channel - and they're immense fun to watch. He's just naturally hilarious.

A friend of mine told me he once attended some special screening stoned out of his mind (same with another friend he went with), and they ran into Jarmusch outside the theater once the event was over. Naturally, it was pretty obvious they were on something, and one of them then starting tearing down one of the posters the theater left up while saying "hey man, could you sign this for me?" I'm not sure who has it now, but Jarmusch apparently signed something like "To ____, please get well...."