Banning (1967)
Jessica (1962)
Synanon (1965)
Woman of Straw (1964)
the Taming of the Shrew (1967)

M Sanderson

Re: Imprint

#727 Post by M Sanderson » Sat May 25, 2024 6:17 am

what's the likelihood of Imprint releasing The Presidio? A Paramount title whose region A release is pretty difficult to get hold of, with the only remaining copies on amazon and eBay either unwilling to ship to the UK, or charging a lot.

Peter Hyams - whose work often seems to be an attraction on Blu ray - with a post Untouchables Sean Connery adding star appeal and Mark Harmon in a military police role anticipating his stardom on television.

Apparently a very good off the shelf remaster as well.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#728 Post by swo17 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:36 pm

September announcements:

Tales of Adventure 4
King of The Rocket Men (1949) (HD)
Flying Disc Man from Mars (1950) (HD)
The Invisible Monster (1950) (HD)
Radar Men From The Moon (1952) (HD)
Zombies of the Stratosphere (1952) (SD)
Mysterious Doctor Satan (1940) (SD)
Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe (1953) (HD)

Voyage of the Damned

Capricorn One

MichaelB

#729 Post by MichaelB » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:07 am

I was lucky enough to see Blue in the Face before Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - i.e. I watched the latter having already seen Jim Jarmusch's rant about films featuring people casually throwing their guns away once they run out of bullets, regardless of the cost of the hardware and the difficulty in obtaining it.

Needless to say, Forest Whitaker then does the same thing in Ghost Dog, but we can be certain that it was in the spirit of satirical mockery.
Last edited by MichaelB on Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therewillbeblus

#730 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:01 pm

soundchaser wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:11 am
A new scan for Last Temptation, or even just better compression, would also make me seriously consider the box.
Can anyone report if this is a new scan? I don't have the Criterion to compare PQ, but the Imprint seems to look remarkably better than my experience watching it like ten years ago. Then again, memory's skewed

hearthesilence

#731 Post by hearthesilence » Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:53 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:07 am
I was lucky enough to see Blue in the Face before Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai - i.e. I watched the latter having already seen Jim Jarmusch's rant films featuring people casually throwing their guns away once they run out of bullets, regardless of the cost of the hardware and the difficulty in obtaining it.

Needless to say, Forest Whitaker then does the same thing in Ghost Dog, but we can be certain that it was in the spirit of satirical mockery.
Many of Jarmusch's appearances at screenings over the past decade are streamable - pretty much every single one he's done for Lincoln Center is available on their YouTube channel - and they're immense fun to watch. He's just naturally hilarious.

A friend of mine told me he once attended some special screening stoned out of his mind (same with another friend he went with), and they ran into Jarmusch outside the theater once the event was over. Naturally, it was pretty obvious they were on something, and one of them then starting tearing down one of the posters the theater left up while saying "hey man, could you sign this for me?" I'm not sure who has it now, but Jarmusch apparently signed something like "To ____, please get well...."

M Sanderson

#732 Post by M Sanderson » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:41 am

The cult of Hyams continues...with his Capricorn One getting the deluxe packaging treatment.

nicolas

#733 Post by nicolas » Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:29 pm

therewillbeblus wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:01 pm
soundchaser wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:11 am
A new scan for Last Temptation, or even just better compression, would also make me seriously consider the box.
Can anyone report if this is a new scan? I don't have the Criterion to compare PQ, but the Imprint seems to look remarkably better than my experience watching it like ten years ago. Then again, memory's skewed
Sadly no new scan. Imprint would’ve advertised this all over the packaging.

Disc One:

1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray
NEW Audio Commentary by film historian Jim Hemphill (2024)
Interview with director Martin Scorsese (1988)
Theatrical Trailer
Audio English DTS-HD 5.1 Surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
Original Aspect Ratio 1.85:1
Optional English HOH Subtitles

Disc Two:

NEW As Above / So Below: ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ and the Devine Feminine – Video Essay by Kat Ellinger (2024)
NEW It Is Accomplished: Scoring ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ – Interview with film music historian Daniel Schweiger on Peter Gabriel’s score (2024)
NEW The Gospel According to John and Andrew – Interview with Production Designer John Beard and Art Director Andrew Sanders (2024)
NEW Film Scholar Ian Christie on ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ – featurette (2024)

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#734 Post by swo17 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:03 am

New Imprint Asia announcements:

Brother (Takeshi Kitano)
Ride On (a new Jackie Chan film)
Cliff Walkers (Zhang Yimou)

Peacock

#735 Post by Peacock » Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:53 am

Brother is probably the least of Kitano’s work, possibly due to working in the US for the first time and the awkward influence of Jeremy Thomas; but it’s still an interesting curio and means that all (?) of Kitano’s films are now available on English friendly Blu’s (a few are Japanese releases though)

Ribs

#736 Post by Ribs » Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:04 am

Very happy to see Cliff Walkers finally make a real appearance on disc w English, after it recieved a very strange release theatrically and a weird half-release on streaming in the US (still not available from many but not all of the normal VOD places, last I had looked). As someone who has put in the time to see each and every one of his movies since then, it’s probably the last one I can say I love. I appreciate Imprint’s commitment to his work even as he has clearly entered the nadir of his career.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#737 Post by domino harvey » Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:45 pm

After the news that Mill Creek will release the whole series on Blu, Imprint is releasing Bewitched in two-season sets

beamish14

#738 Post by beamish14 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:10 pm

Peacock wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:53 am
Brother is probably the least of Kitano’s work, possibly due to working in the US for the first time and the awkward influence of Jeremy Thomas; but it’s still an interesting curio and means that all (?) of Kitano’s films are now available on English friendly Blu’s (a few are Japanese releases though)

I dunno, I really enjoy it. The interplay between Kitano and Mike Epps is fantastic, and I love how he puts together his Los Angeles crew

dwk

#739 Post by dwk » Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:52 am

October:
Suspiria remake UHD
Death Valley
Superstition
The Antichrist
The Blair Witch Project Collection
Roman Polanaki box (Bitter Moon, Death and the Maiden, The Ninth Gate, Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired)

Maltic

#740 Post by Maltic » Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:44 pm

Two discs for... The Ninth Gate :|

Is this the first time Huckvale did a whole commentary?
Disc One:

NEW Audio Commentary by author Troy Howarth and Mondo Digital’s Nathaniel Thompson
NEW Audio Commentary by author David Huckvale
NEW Video Essay by film critic Sally Christie
Audio Commentary by director Roman Polanski (1999)
Theatrical Trailer & Teasers
Audio English DTS-HD 5.1 Surround
Original Aspect Ratio 2.35:1

Disc Two:

NEW Interview with actress Emmanuelle Seigner
NEW Interview with actor James Russo
NEW Encyclopaedia Satanica — interview feature with occult author Gary Lachman, author/writer Mitch Horowitz and occult collector/author Brandon Hodge
NEW Occult Classics – Analysis of Film & Score with David Huckvale
NEW Lucifer’s Version – Slideshow of Book’s Illustrations with commentary by David Huckvale
In conversation with Roman Polanski – featurette
Promotional Interviews
Storyboard Selections: Storyboards and Scripts
Satanic Drawings – art gallery

beamish14

#741 Post by beamish14 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:52 pm

Maltic wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:44 pm
Two discs for... The Ninth Gate :|

Is this the first time Huckvale did a whole commentary?
Disc One:

NEW Audio Commentary by author Troy Howarth and Mondo Digital’s Nathaniel Thompson
NEW Audio Commentary by author David Huckvale
NEW Video Essay by film critic Sally Christie
Audio Commentary by director Roman Polanski (1999)
Theatrical Trailer & Teasers
Audio English DTS-HD 5.1 Surround
Original Aspect Ratio 2.35:1

Disc Two:

NEW Interview with actress Emmanuelle Seigner
NEW Interview with actor James Russo
NEW Encyclopaedia Satanica — interview feature with occult author Gary Lachman, author/writer Mitch Horowitz and occult collector/author Brandon Hodge
NEW Occult Classics – Analysis of Film & Score with David Huckvale
NEW Lucifer’s Version – Slideshow of Book’s Illustrations with commentary by David Huckvale
In conversation with Roman Polanski – featurette
Promotional Interviews
Storyboard Selections: Storyboards and Scripts
Satanic Drawings – art gallery

Gary Lachman is great. His book on magick and Trump’s ascension is hugely entertaining. Also, he was Blondie’s original guitarist

Really tempted to get this box, as it hopefully doesn’t have the audio fuck-up that plagues Kino’s Bitter Moon

therewillbeblus

#742 Post by therewillbeblus » Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:54 pm

I'd hope not, considering it's not an issue on other blu-rays like the Dutch one I have

yoloswegmaster

#743 Post by yoloswegmaster » Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:02 pm

Peckinpah's Convoy being released in November on 4K:
SpoilerShow

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#744 Post by swo17 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:06 pm

They're announcing a new 4K release every day this week, with preorders going live Friday

beamish14

#745 Post by beamish14 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:20 pm

yoloswegmaster wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:02 pm
Peckinpah's Convoy being released in November on 4K:
SpoilerShow

Oh, that’s tremendous. Just a hysterical, amazingly entertaining film

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#746 Post by domino harvey » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:35 pm

The next one is a star studded WWII film, so probably A Bridge Too Far but who knows

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#747 Post by domino harvey » Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:43 pm

…and indeed it is

My write up from the War List
domino harvey wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:09 pm
A Bridge Too Far (Richard Attenborough 1977) The best of the big budget, all-star cast WWII epics, here focused on the failures surrounding the needlessly deadly Market Garden operation. It’s not surprising that this one didn’t do boffo box office in the states, given that it's a downer story with no easy rah-rah rallying points. The film uses its star cameos well (a rare feat indeed in these kind of flicks) and there are some wonderfully edited sequences of combat that are as good as anything I’ve seen in any WWII movie. Recommended.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#748 Post by swo17 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:14 pm

The last two titles will be:

- An iconic musical comedy making its 4K debut in Dolby Vision, restored from the original 35mm negative by Imprint Films

- An 80’s juggernaut given the deluxe treatment in a bespoke, exclusive collector’s set, presented in 4K with Dolby Vision, restored from the original 35mm negative by Imprint Films

Also, any thoughts on this TV Movie of the Week set?

beamish14

#749 Post by beamish14 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:25 pm

swo17 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:14 pm
The last two titles will be:

- An iconic musical comedy making its 4K debut in Dolby Vision, restored from the original 35mm negative by Imprint Films

- An 80’s juggernaut given the deluxe treatment in a bespoke, exclusive collector’s set, presented in 4K with Dolby Vision, restored from the original 35mm negative by Imprint Films

Also, any thoughts on this TV Movie of the Week set?

Maybe Little Shop of Horrors? (WB, I know)

Conan the Barbarian?

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#750 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:33 pm

beamish14 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:25 pm
Conan the Barbarian
This would be kind of a bummer considering the definitive Arrow release (not in AUS, I know)