DVD Cataloguing Software

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
criterionsnob

Re: DVD Cataloguing Software

#101 Post by criterionsnob » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm

I still use and love Delicious Library.

BigMack3000

#102 Post by BigMack3000 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:41 pm

criterionsnob wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm
I still use and love Delicious Library.
Do you manually enter all the information in? It stopped connecting to Amazon awhile ago, for me.

criterionsnob

#103 Post by criterionsnob » Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Delicious Library still connects to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, but not Amazon.co.uk. For UK and other imports, I enter manually. If you’re starting from scratch that could be a bit time consuming. I like being able to have different shelves for unwatched, incoming orders, etc.

Grand Wazoo

#104 Post by Grand Wazoo » Sat May 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Wow, I've used filmaf/dvdaf since I purchased my first disc in 2001. At the very least you can easily export your collection to a txt file which can then be imported into Excel/Numbers for the future, but I'll still miss this one a lot.

DeprongMori

#105 Post by DeprongMori » Sat May 18, 2019 4:36 pm

I’ve been using MyMovies for about three years now to catalog my thousands of films. It is multi-platform and allows me to synch my collection to my phone in a great presentation format and to easily present my collection on the web.

BigMack3000

#106 Post by BigMack3000 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:38 pm

criterionsnob wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm
Delicious Library still connects to Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, but not Amazon.co.uk. For UK and other imports, I enter manually. If you’re starting from scratch that could be a bit time consuming. I like being able to have different shelves for unwatched, incoming orders, etc.
Interesting. Amazon.com was not working for me back then. I'll have to check in on it again.

PianoMan88

#107 Post by PianoMan88 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:24 pm

I am honestly quite surprised that I do not see many more members using the My Movies app from BluRay.com. It is absolutely SUPERB. I have multiple editions of the same movie at times and the app is great at cataloguing exact editions from all regions (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany and on and on). I am also a stickler for adding pricing information (how much I paid) and when I purchased the items. The sorting is as good as it gets, by director, release date, studio, genre and many more.
And you can view your collection in nice thumbnails that correspond exactly to what you own. You can now even add comments and search the collection using the comment box.

Oh and as an extra bonus I can sync between iOS and Android (iPad and phone in my case).

I have had the app for 4-5 years now and I looked for a long time before finding it and there was nothing even remotely close to as good. It has saved me from buying the same thing on many occasions (hard to keep track of over 3,000 blu-rays)

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#108 Post by tenia » Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 am

I have it too, but am so not used to use it, I keep using the website instead. I find it a bit long to startup, though.

Timec
Spencer Tracy had it coming

#109 Post by Timec » Sun May 26, 2019 4:15 pm

It looks like FilmAF will be sticking around after all:
ANNOUNCEMENT: The rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated -- well kind of. I’m happy to announce that Samuel from DVDCompare has graciously agreed to take over FilmAf. We are working on the transition details. No interruption of service is expected. Long live FilmAf! Long live DVDCompare!

Feego

#110 Post by Feego » Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 am

That's good to know, as I have depended on FilmAf/DVDAf for years. I have taken the opportunity in the last week or so since their initial announcement to create an Excel spreadsheet of my home video inventory, which I will continue to maintain just in case this doesn't work out. I also began using Blu-ray.com's "My Collections" feature, but I don't find it anywhere near as useful.

schellenbergk

#111 Post by schellenbergk » Fri May 31, 2019 9:40 am

matrixschmatrix wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:43 am
I use Collectorz.com Movie Collector, which despite its obnoxious name is pretty good- it, too, allows scanning.
I use it as well - also Book Collectorz. I do find I need to wait a day or two after receiving my Criterions for the BluRay info to show up when I scan the bar code.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#112 Post by swo17 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Timec wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:15 pm
It looks like FilmAF will be sticking around after all:
ANNOUNCEMENT: The rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated -- well kind of. I’m happy to announce that Samuel from DVDCompare has graciously agreed to take over FilmAf. We are working on the transition details. No interruption of service is expected. Long live FilmAf! Long live DVDCompare!
Not sure the best place to ask this but ever since 2020 started, my personalized search options (along with the ability to change them) on filmaf.com have gone away. Trying to go to their support forums just leads me down a rabbit hole of popup ads. Does anyone have an idea what's going on here? I really miss being able to search by multiple criteria as well as having non-US titles come up in search results of my collection

nitin

#113 Post by nitin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:51 am

I posted this about on the br.com forums, and yes it started on Jan 1 2020. Someone suggested that filmaf is now run by people in Australia so they could possibly be bushfire affected. Not sure if that’s correct or not but something glitchy has come up as you also can’t add comments or go into one page mode or list more than 50 titles per page.

Timec

#114 Post by Timec » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am

It's not very informative, but they posted on Facebook that they're aware of the issues and are "looking into it."

Timec

#115 Post by Timec » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am

I’m not able to sign in to my FilmAF account at the moment.

They did finally post an update on Facebook, asking for assistance from anyone who can help fix all the bugs...
FilmAF wrote:People, it's time that we leveled with you. First of all, thank you so much for your endless patience during this ordeal, we know it wasn't easy.
Second, we are aware FilmAf has bugs and we do want to fix them. That's why we're asking anyone who knows how to fix them or knows someone who could help us, please reply or PM us immediately. Time we took care of these problem once and for all. Thank you again.

Grand Wazoo

#116 Post by Grand Wazoo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:27 am

Damn, I can't login either despite it working fine last night. Hope they fix these issues swiftly.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#117 Post by swo17 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Grand Wazoo wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:27 am
Damn, I can't login either despite it working fine last night. Hope they fix these issues swiftly.
There's a workaround described in that Facebook post that I was able to use to log in for now
I figured out a workaround using Chrome for the log in issue. I was looking at the cookies from the site after logging in and not being logged in. I noticed the user cookie expiration is set to a date (usually either 3/1 or 2/29) before it was created today. expired cookie.jpg

I found that odd and wanted to edit the expiration date to see what would happen so I found a chrome extension that lets you edit, create, delete cookies called Edit This Cookie.

After downloading it, I tried logging in again and failed. So then I created a cookie called user, entered my user id into the Value, set the cookie to expire after the session ends, though you can leave it open ended or set a date to it, hit the green checkmark, and refreshed. And whaddya know, it worked and I am now logged in. cookie.jpg to see how it looks.

Chrome shows the user cookie expiring when the session ends now as well. Note that it's not the only cookie with this issue but it's the only one I messed around with since it's the most important.
This is further to Fark Zuckerberg's (not to be confused with Haywood Jablome) post. It seems that it is possible to add cookies using Chrome's built-in developer tools.
Click on the main menu tab (the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of Chrome), select "more tools", then select developer tools.
Alternatively, <Ctrl><Shift><I> gets you there (just make sure your pointer is not active in any window on the page).
Go to cookies and select the filmaf page cookies. You can double click on an empty field at the bottom of the cookies list to add a new user cookie as outlined by "storms" on blu-ray.com and referenced by Fark Zucekerberg (not to be confused with Haywood Jablome).
The first solution proposed didn't work for me, but following the second one on the Edit This Cookie extension finally did it

Cash Flagg

#118 Post by Cash Flagg » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:58 am

Has anyone been able to log into their account in Firefox using Cookie Editor or another extension? I don't use Chrome so my password isn't saved there and I can't reset it to try one of the above Chrome-based suggestions.

Cash Flagg

#119 Post by Cash Flagg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:16 am

The latest AF non-update, from FB:
Another person is lending their services to help us fix thesite and we are trying to get into contact.
In the meantime, we ask for everyone to please be patient as we continue to work on the problem.
That being said, we could always use some more hands so if you or anyone you know would like to help us, please PM us immediately.
And yes, we know everyone is experiencing login problems, that's part of the problems going on on this site.
Thank you for your continued patience.
On Blu-ray.com, a member noted that a software-developer friend contacted them three times via PM, and was ignored. They’ve been using a variation on the phrase ‘trying to get into contact’ for a month now, but apparently aren’t doing a very good job of it.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#120 Post by cdnchris » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:37 am

I actually wrote them a month ago because I had some time but never heard back. Now I'm swamped so am unavailable. Not sure if they're just not checking messages or aren't all that concerned.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#121 Post by swo17 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 am

How are people contacting them? I know they're reading Facebook Messenger, but if you contact them through their site that might not work. Or perhaps they're waiting for someone to offer to fix it for free?

cdnchris
Site Admin

#122 Post by cdnchris » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm

I did it through Facebook messenger, not sure about others.
Edit: and I was willing to do it for nothing, as long as it wasn't a serious clusterfuck that didnt't require a complete redesign. So maybe it's a serious clusterfuck?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#123 Post by swo17 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:20 pm

So I just followed up with a friend who I'd referred them to. He says the guy with the ability to grant him full access to the site has been slammed but should have more time soon. They were in communication about this as recently as yesterday

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#124 Post by swo17 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 pm

So my friend fixed filmaf.com. Seriously, check it out

Cash Flagg

#125 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:21 am

Hooray! Let’s all chip in to buy your friend a roll of toilet paper.