It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:34 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Luca Guadagnino & Jim Jarmusch
Image

and Barry Jenkins being interviewed (most likely for Filmstruck)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:07 pm
The "I wore sunglasses inside the Criterion Closet" Club
Nicolas Winding Refn
Jim Jarmusch
Karl Lagerfeld

(okay, I made up the last one so there'd be three)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Joachim Trier hanging out in Criterion's kitchen
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Arnaud Desplechin
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:43 pm
dwk wrote:
Joachim Trier hanging out in Criterion's kitchen
Image

Please, please, please let this be this year’s excellent Thelma


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Joaquín del Paso posted this on instagram


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Jonas Carpignano
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:22 am
Criterion retweets a Janus tweet of what looks to be the 2011 restoration of Ozu's Late Autumn. A quick check of Janus's website shows pictures of the new restoration and indicates that the film is licensed for Blu-rays despite Criterion only putting out an older master in an Eclipse set.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:54 pm 

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:36 pm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm 
Dot Com Dom
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:42 pm
Guessing without watching that he doesn't pull Seventh Seal down off the shelf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Ed Lachman (No doubt for The Virgin Suicides)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:10 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:37 am
dwk wrote:
Ed Lachman (No doubt for The Virgin Suicides)


He also confirmed in this interview that he oversaw a restoration of True Stories for Criterio.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:21 pm
Mungo wrote:
Criterion retweets a Janus tweet of what looks to be the 2011 restoration of Ozu's Late Autumn. A quick check of Janus's website shows pictures of the new restoration and indicates that the film is licensed for Blu-rays despite Criterion only putting out an older master in an Eclipse set.


Upgrading an Eclipse to Blu-ray would be an exciting development.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:22 am
Location: The Room
Luke M wrote:
Mungo wrote:
Criterion retweets a Janus tweet of what looks to be the 2011 restoration of Ozu's Late Autumn. A quick check of Janus's website shows pictures of the new restoration and indicates that the film is licensed for Blu-rays despite Criterion only putting out an older master in an Eclipse set.


Upgrading an Eclipse to Blu-ray would be an exciting development.


I don’t think Janus offering a Blu for rental necessarily implies a forthcoming Blu from Criterion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:46 am
Sometimes "Blu" just means the format they offer for theatrical runs (as opposed to DVD, DCP, etc, which most projectors are capable of running). I believe DAISIES also falls under the same category, but the home media release was only relegated to the Eclipse set.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:57 pm
criterionoop wrote:
I believe DAISIES also falls under the same category, but the home media release was only relegated to the Eclipse set.

That's not true at all, it doesn't say "DCP" or "Blu-Ray" on the Janus website for Daisies. Plus, if it says "DCP" and "Blu-Ray" on the page, then it is expected that Criterion is going to be releasing it on Blu-Ray.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Greenwich Village
Once again Criterion teases with a pic of Written on the Wind. How many times is this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm
John Waters stopped by Criterion's office today


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
FrauBlucher wrote:

I think it's a once a month event....for about 4 years now.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




This site is not affiliated with The Criterion Collection