It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 pm 

Dolina miru (1956) Blu-ray.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:49 am 

http://www.film-center.si/sl/novice/744 ... a-blurayu/

Apparently it went officially on sale yesterday, other two releases planned for this year are Sedmina and To so Gadi.

Big Bang will be selling it for 15 euros, a cinema called Kinodvor and a bookstore Konzorcij (part of the Mladinska Knjiga chain of stores). Out of all of these, Kinodvor might end up being the most flexible when it comes to international orders.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:18 pm 

Vito wrote:
Out of all of these, Kinodvor might end up being the most flexible when it comes to international orders.

Indeed, this is where I got my copy of Dolina miru. Thanks for the tip.

Main feature subtitled in: English, French, Croatian and Slovenian.

Extras: photos from the film, 2016 presentations and reports in Cannes (in Slovenian), trailer (in Slovenian) and about the restoration process ("Erased Scenes" and "Documents of Time").

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:18 am 

L.A. wrote:
Vito wrote:
Out of all of these, Kinodvor might end up being the most flexible when it comes to international orders.

Extras: photos from the film, 2016 presentations and reports in Cannes (in Slovenian), trailer (in Slovenian) and about the restoration process ("Erased Scenes" and "Documents of Time").

Does Kinodvor sell Blu-rays to international customers via online order? Their website does not seem to list 'Dolina Miru' at present and an email to their office address has, so far, not received a response. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:12 am 

dobrien wrote:
L.A. wrote:
Vito wrote:

Does Kinodvor sell Blu-rays to international customers via online order? Their website does not seem to list 'Dolina Miru' at present and an email to their office address has, so far, not received a response. Thanks.

Neither Kinodvor nor any other seller support international online payment. One can buy at Kinodvor via bank transfer and invoice must be issued to and paid by the same person.
BTW, I am still waiting for someone to bring my copy from Slovenia.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:24 pm 

L.A. wrote:
Vito wrote:

I ordered my copy from videoart.si, with a little help from translation software. The shipping cost me as much as the Blu-ray, but delivery to the UK took only a few days and it was securely packaged. The restoration is very impressive and while the extras aren't subtitled it was worth the purchase. If it matters, my Blu-ray player identifies the disc as a BD-R, which may deter some. Perhaps there will be a pressed Blu-ray release further down the line in another country, but with a title like this the odds aren't great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm 

I was very surprised when I found out in a private conversation that Jugoslovenska Kinoteka had published 3 Blu-rays named "Serbia in the Balkans Wars". I have try to find some pieces of information in Internet and my search gives only a brief notice in the document "Audiovisual Policy - Film Heritage".
UPDATE
My nephew hас bought these Blu-rays today and I'll get them in a month but my expectations are low with regards to quality.
Jugoslovenska Kinoteka also announced that three vintage films about Belgrade presented at XIX Nitrate Film Festival (programme is here) will be released on Blu-ray and DVD.
Finally, they will begin full digital restoration some of the 100 best Serbian movies chosen by a undisclosed jury last year. But they didn't mention where they will find money.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:36 am 

Finally I have got these Jugoslovenska Kinoteka Blu-rays which are actually titled "Balkan Wars of Dyoka Bogdanovich I-III". Some pieces of information about releases: single-layer BD-Rs, MPEG-2 compression, menu in Serbian/English, Serbian intertitles with optional English subtitles, 4-page Serbian/English booklets.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 am 

djvaso wrote:
Finally I have got these Jugoslovenska Kinoteka Blu-rays which are actually titled "Balkan Wars of Dyoka Bogdanovich I-III": single-layer BD-Rs, MPEG-2 compression...

Hmm, how do they look?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:40 am 

I think that they are very decent. But judge yourself:
HRH Crown Prince Alexander at the Crni Vrh Battlefield (1913)

Colonel Nedich in Battle (1913)

Serbian Cities Veles and Shtip (1913)

Gramberg Hospital

Return of Mr. Pashich, Mr. Venizelos and Mr. Vukotich from Turn Severin to Belgrade (1913)

Life of Serbian Soldiers in Banyitsa Army Camp (1913)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 am 

Jugoslovenska Kinoteka has also released the following Blu-rays:
- The Life and Deeds of the Immortal Vožd Karađorđe (Живот и смрт бесмртног Вожда Карађорђа) (1911) directed by Ilija Stanojević 'Čiča' - Limited Combo Edition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_ ... 1or%C4%91e

- In God We Trust (Са вером у Бога) (1932) directed by Mihajlo Al. Popović
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0234646/

- Belgrade between two World Wars: Beograd (1919) directed by D.W.Ivanoff & W.Matusevisch, Beograd, prestonica Kraljevine Jugoslavije (1932) directed by Vojin M. Đorđević and Beograd (1932) directed by Julius Schmitt & Lavoslav Reichl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:50 pm 

dobrien wrote:
L.A. wrote:
Vito wrote:

I ordered my copy from videoart.si, with a little help from translation software. The shipping cost me as much as the Blu-ray, but delivery to the UK took only a few days and it was securely packaged. The restoration is very impressive and while the extras aren't subtitled it was worth the purchase. If it matters, my Blu-ray player identifies the disc as a BD-R, which may deter some. Perhaps there will be a pressed Blu-ray release further down the line in another country, but with a title like this the odds aren't great.

I am finally found some time to watch this movie and I am not impressed with technical specifications of the disc:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 am 

I have ordered Blu-rays but my stupid brother bring me DVDs. :shock:
Now, I have to wait at least a month for the proper releases.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:38 pm 

Slovenian Film Centre has released a second Blu-ray in its Si-Fi Klasika edition: Funeral Feast (Sedmina) (Pozdravi Mariju) (1969) directed by Matjaž Klopčič.
https://www.film-center.si/sl/novice/75 ... -blu-rayu/
I hope that the film will be better represented on Blu-ray disc than The Valley of Peace was.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm 

djvaso wrote:
Finally, they will begin full digital restoration some of the 100 best Serbian movies chosen by a undisclosed jury last year. But they didn't mention where they will find money.

They find.
"Ten cult movies that marked Serbian and regional cinematography will be digitally restored and ready to be screened in top picture and sound quality in theaters, said on a joint press conference of the Yugoslav Film Archive and Vip mobile on the occasion of the presentation of the 'Vip Kinoteka' project."
http://www.kinoteka.org.rs/vip-kinoteka ... e-bastine/

Normally, I would ask a head of Kinoteka's Center for digital restoration about possible Blu-ray releases but he ignored my last two e-mails so I won't.