Secret Sharon Stone Movie (Martin Scorsese, 20??)

Discuss films of the 21st century including current cinema, current filmmakers, and film festivals.
mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

Re: Podcasts

#1 Post by mfunk9786 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Sharon Stone is on WTF today and she mentioned Paul Verhoeven making a movie (prior to Elle, which she called "Her") called "Mrs. Stone" where the lead character seemed based on her (to the point where it bothered Stone herself greatly) - and it seems... very likely that she imagined it because I certainly can't find anything close to this anywhere. Anyone have any idea what she could even have been referring to?

She also referred to the fact that she made something with Martin Scorsese "a couple of years ago" that's completed but she's been waiting for him to finish editing. There's indeed an IMDB listing for "Untitled Martin Scorsese/Sharon Stone Project," but beyond that, there is... like, absolutely no information anywhere about this that I can find.

She's an odd bird.

Professor Wagstaff

Re: New Films in Production, v.2

#3 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:04 am

Stone alluded to this early in the year on Marc Maron's podcast, saying that they filmed whatever it is years ago but Scorsese was still editing. I'll believe it when I hear confirmation from someone connected to the project other than Stone. I can't find any other links on the topic except this article and the podcast.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

Re: Secret Sharon Stone Movie (Martin Scorsese, 20??)

#4 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:48 am

Yeah, I don't know if it's a great sign that she's the only one who ever has brought it up. Especially with how she came off on Maron's show.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#5 Post by domino harvey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 am

It may indeed be nothing, or knowing Netflix, it could show up tomorrow. But if she's still talking about it, then no one's informed her it's dead, so I'll presume it is alive but still being tinkered with and presumably back-burnered by the Irishman

colinr0380

#6 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm

This is not really about the films, but apropos Stone's 'oddness', it might be because she had a major stroke and brain haemorrhage in 2001
Last edited by colinr0380 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#7 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm

The stroke has yet to be edited or released.

(I am so so sorry)