New York City Repertory Cinema

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism both old and new, as well as memorializing public figures we've lost.
Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

Re: New York City Repertory Cinema

#426 Post by Never Cursed » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:44 pm

I've never seen a movie there myself, but I remember a couple other posters on this forum mentioning that they had significant problems with the sound there. Specifically, I remember mfunk talking about how he couldn't understand much of Inherent Vice's dialogue at its premiere and hearthesilence mentioning that they had (or may have had, they/I wasn't certain) similar trouble with The Other Side Of The Wind.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#427 Post by mfunk9786 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Dropping $75 a ticket for a gala screening of Inherent Vice there was sort of like ordering the porterhouse at Olive Garden.

If you're hard of hearing or even just concerned about being able to hear the film, they're almost certain to have accessibility devices for hard of hearing patrons if you call ahead and ask. Not sure if the fact that they're festival premiers might impact that or not. Also might just depend on where you're sitting in the theater, only been there once.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#428 Post by Drucker » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Complete Malick coming to MOMI. Almost everything in 35mm.

Ribs

#429 Post by Ribs » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Film Forum Winter programming. Some real cool things in there, including the great news that some of the Kino Hungarian acquisitions will begin trickling out (I know My 20th Century’s happening too but that one’s already been available elsewhere)

FrauBlucher

#430 Post by FrauBlucher » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:03 pm

I was given a heads up by one of the programmers that they were doing a Romanian Retrospective. It’s great to see it officially programmed. The Scorsese documentaries being screened is wonderful too. And Alec Guinness at Ealing. Terrific winter calendar

Roscoe

#431 Post by Roscoe » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Most psyched to see MEPHISTO again, and hopes are raised for a Blu-Ray to follow.

fdm

#432 Post by fdm » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:23 pm

There is a blu-ray to follow, also for Colonel Redl. Hanussen is the one that still remains elusive.