Image Image

EddieLarkin

Re: Arrow Cover Art & Packaging Babble-on

#29 Post by EddieLarkin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:09 pm

ImageImageImage

Banasa

#30 Post by Banasa » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Kind of busy artwork, and the giant head resembles a Iceburg thanks to the crown of a town on top.

Banasa

#31 Post by Banasa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57 pm

I haven't seen this yet, but the cover is reminding me more of 1988 The Blob than anything else.

What A Disgrace

#32 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:44 pm

I was ready to blind buy this when I saw the poster. Now I know I'm making the right choice/

EddieLarkin

#33 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:25 am

ImageImage
ImageImage

A man stayed-put

#34 Post by A man stayed-put » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:33 am

Cemetery Without Crosses coming is fantastic news. Its languished in PD collection hell for too long. Lovely stuff Arrow.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#35 Post by jindianajonz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Mona Lisa is being released through Arrow Video rather than Arrow Academy... does this mean they will be releasing it in the US as well?

lefeufollet

#36 Post by lefeufollet » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 pm

jindianajonz wrote:Mona Lisa is being released through Arrow Video rather than Arrow Academy... does this mean they will be releasing it in the US as well?
No, they stated on Twitter that it will be a UK-only edition.

rapta

#37 Post by rapta » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:25 am

jindianajonz wrote:Mona Lisa is being released through Arrow Video rather than Arrow Academy... does this mean they will be releasing it in the US as well?
The Long Good Friday is also Arrow Video. In fact, all their HandMade titles so far have been put under the Arrow Video banner...probably due to their cult status, particularly in the UK.

Banasa

#38 Post by Banasa » Fri May 01, 2015 11:38 am

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

What A Disgrace

#39 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri May 01, 2015 11:41 am

Am I doing to triple dip on Videodrome?

Yes.

Ribs

#40 Post by Ribs » Fri May 01, 2015 11:42 am

Hm - a bit interesting about La Grande Bouffe, as they indicated when they first announced the US releases that the plan was to just keep the Arrow Video label in the US for some while and they'd possibly eventually integrate some Arrow Academy stuff. But I guess it's just whatever they can get the rights to in the US?

chatterjees

#41 Post by chatterjees » Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 am

I already have their special limited edition of Nekromantic. So, for a moment I thought this is for the part 2. Do you guys (who have seen this film) think that this new cover is kind of misleading?

chatterjees

#42 Post by chatterjees » Fri May 01, 2015 11:47 am

Ribs wrote:Hm - a bit interesting about La Grande Bouffe, as they indicated when they first announced the US releases that the plan was to just keep the Arrow Video label in the US for some while and they'd possibly eventually integrate some Arrow Academy stuff. But I guess it's just whatever they can get the rights to in the US?
I think that it will be like The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Miss Osbourne, the US edition will be underjust Arrow Video, the cover art doesn't have Academy logo. The cover art they just posted will be used for UK edition only, in my opinion.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#43 Post by tenia » Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 am

Arrow will start restricting some of their booklets to limited editions only. They won't cut the material down. They will simply not include a booklet at all.

For instance, for Clementine :
The non-limited edition won't have a booklet, Remy. Booklets are costly to produce, so you'll see this happening more often on future releases of limited edition titles. The standard edition of Nekromantik that's also coming out in August, for example, won't have a booklet.

Banasa

#44 Post by Banasa » Fri May 01, 2015 11:55 am

For those curious, I have my US Arrow Video version of Dr.Jekyll and MichaelB wasn't kidding about the discs duplication. It even starts with the Arrow Films logo opposed to the Arrow Video intro.

Ribs

#45 Post by Ribs » Fri May 01, 2015 11:57 am

Between this and Criterion, all I know is our children's children will look back at this period as the Booklet dark ages.

Telstar

#46 Post by Telstar » Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 am

tenia wrote:Arrow will start restricting some of their booklets to limited editions only. They won't cut the material down. They will simply not include a booklet at all.

For instance, for Clementine :
The non-limited edition won't have a booklet, Remy. Booklets are costly to produce, so you'll see this happening more often on future releases of limited edition titles. The standard edition of Nekromantik that's also coming out in August, for example, won't have a booklet.
Sad news, although I understand the economic logic. Arrow's booklets have always been an important and (usually) very pleasurable part of their releases, especially in light of the direction Criterion has been going lately.

MichaelB

#47 Post by MichaelB » Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Banasa wrote:For those curious, I have my US Arrow Video version of Dr.Jekyll and MichaelB wasn't kidding about the discs duplication. It even starts with the Arrow Films logo opposed to the Arrow Video intro.
If your player is locked to Region A, it should play the Arrow Video logo.

And La Grande Bouffe is indeed a joint Academy (UK) and Video (US) release, although as with Dr Jekyll the discs and booklet will be identical.

Adam X

#48 Post by Adam X » Fri May 01, 2015 2:13 pm

chatterjees wrote:I already have their special limited edition of Nekromantic. So, for a moment I thought this is for the part 2. Do you guys (who have seen this film) think that this new cover is kind of misleading?
I wouldn't say it's misleading exactly, given there's nothing to suggest that the image isn't a subjective one; though I do think it'd be more appropriate for part 2. Still prefer the ltd artwork by a huge margin, and I'm glad to see in the Facebook comments the suggestion that Arrow are thankfully working on Nekromantik 2, hopefully in matching digipack. Bring on Schramm & Der Todesking!!! [-o<
tenia wrote:Arrow will start restricting some of their booklets to limited editions only. They won't cut the material down. They will simply not include a booklet at all.
I may be wrong, but I actually read that comment to mean that future titles released as limited editions will more often than not lose the booklet if/when the subsequent standard edition is released.
Last edited by Adam X on Sat May 02, 2015 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#49 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri May 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Wow, that cover for My Darling Clementine certainly trumps the Criterion! Nice work on Nekromantic too.

Zot!

#50 Post by Zot! » Fri May 01, 2015 7:03 pm

First of all, I'm not a horror fan typically, so I haven't been paying attention, but it amazes me how these niche things like videodrome are now getting the royal treatment. Thanks for driving the market, weirdos! Also, nobody has a problem with the mangina?