Sam Fuller DVD from France

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Balaji Venkataraman

#1 Post by Balaji Venkataraman » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:56 am

Three of Sam Fuller's movies will be available new on DVD from France (“House of Bambooâ€

Derek Estes

#2 Post by Derek Estes » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:01 am

Underworld USA, Crimson Kimono, Park Row, and as far as I've found, Verboten, are all owned by Sony. It would be great if they would release a box-set. though this seems unlikely. I hope this new trend, such as releasing the Cary Grant films, and soon the Capra films in moderately priced sets becomes a popular trend with Sony. I'm still holding my breath for a collection of Budd Boetticher's Ranown cycle.

I hope those Fox Fullers are released R1 soon! Same with the Criterion Fullers. I would love it if Shock Corridor and Naked Kiss were revisited, and Criterion Released a set of Samuel Fuller's independent films, like the Casavettes set.

Floyd

#3 Post by Floyd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:36 pm

Wow, I recently got this set (Bamboo, Bayonets, High Water) off someone on eBay for a pretty good price. Sometimes you can catch some good stuff out there and this is definitely a great set. The transfers are all tremendous. Fixed Bayonets! is a real treasure of a film in my own opinion. Style and hard cracking dialogue for days. My fondness for Samuel Fuller grows with every film I see of his. If anyone was holding out on this set I can't recommend it enough. It is tremendous outside of the lack of extras.

I would attempt to add images but my computers hard drive recently crashed so I am now using some old bucket. I will try to add them sometime. Not much interest in this thread it seemed but I just wanted to tell those that were interested in the set that it is definitely worth a purchase.

Criterion needs to get the Fuller war set out as quick as possible. I am in need.