Born Yesterday

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Born Yesterday

#1 Post by domino harvey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am

From one of the truly legendary directors of the Hollywood’s golden era, George Cukor (My Fair Lady, The Philadelphia Story), comes the beloved comedy-classic Born Yesterday...

Judy Holliday (Bells Are Ringing) gives an unforgettable, Oscar-winning performance as Billie Dawn, the ‘dumb blonde’ girlfriend of corrupt millionaire junkyard tycoon Harry Brock (Broderick Crawford, All The Kings Men). A man with social ambitions, Harry is embarrassed by Billie’s uncouth behaviour and lack of social refinement, so he sends her on on a crash course in culture with young journalist Paul Verrall (William Holden, Network, The Bridge on the River Kwai). Billie proves to be an able student in lessons of life and love, whilst also becoming all too aware of her partners crooked business dealings. Emboldened by her new education, she stands up to Harry and his bad ways.

Acclaimed for its delectably witty screenplay (based on Garson Kanin's smash-hit Broadway production) Born Yesterday is a tour de force of comic acting, which boasts sizzling performances from its main players and pitch-perfect direction from Cukor. The film is presented here for the first time in stunning High Definition, with a selection of informative and entertaining extras.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation transferred from original film elements

• Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM audio soundtrack

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• Yesterday Today, a newly-filmed video appreciation by film critic Geoff Andrew

• Remembering Judy Holliday, the academic Richard Dyer celebrates the Oscar-winning actress

• Da na na... BUH-BOOM!, a new video essay on the film by critic David Cairns

• Image gallery

• Original trailer

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Ignatius Fitzpatrick

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Pamela Hutchinson

Ribs

Re: Born Yesterday

#2 Post by Ribs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 am

I’m very happy I sold off my TT assuming Indicator would put this out! Were we aware Arrow’s got access to the Columbia library now too?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#3 Post by domino harvey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:17 am

Yep, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice

rapta

#4 Post by rapta » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:47 am

domino harvey wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:17 am
Yep, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice
And Gas Food Lodging.