The Long Good Friday

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

Finch

The Long Good Friday

#1 Post by Finch » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:25 am

Arrow Store exclusive of this cover:

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 and Dolby Atmos audio
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Audio commentary by director John Mackenzie
Bloody Business, a documentary about the making of The Long Good Friday, including interviews with John Mackenzie, stars Bob Hoskins, Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan, producer Barry Hanson and cinematographer Phil Méheux
Hands Across the Ocean, a comparison of the differences between the UK and US soundtracks
Q&A with Bob Hoskins and John Mackenzie, moderated by Richard Jobson
Interviews with Barry Hanson, Phil Méheux, writer Barrie Keeffe, first assistant director Simon Hinkly and assistant art director Carlotta Barrow
Original trailers
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Hannah Gillingham
Double-sided foldout poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Hannah Gillingham
Illustrated collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by Mark Duguid, an excerpt from Titan Books' Very Naughty Boys: The Amazing True Story of Handmade Films by Robert Sellers about the making of The Long Good Friday, and contemporary reviews of the film

midnitedave

Re: The Long Good Friday

#2 Post by midnitedave » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:37 am

I'm pretty psyched about this one. It was one of the first Criterions I had and ended up owning almost every release thereafter.

What A Disgrace

#3 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:43 am

No Apaches, or any of the extras included therein, and the booklet content is identical to that found in the old boxed set. I think I'll wait for a non-limited release of this film and chuck that disc into the box in place of the DVD.

MichaelB

#4 Post by MichaelB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:48 am

I suspect Apaches was no longer available for licensing, as the BFI have since released it on Blu-ray themselves.

flyonthewall2983

#5 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:14 am

In a word, chuffed