Twin Peaks

Discuss TV shows old and new.
justeleblanc

#26 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:25 pm

Yes, it's a region 0. And it should be available on amazon, or at least it was.

THX1378

#27 Post by THX1378 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:56 am

I remember when Twin Peaks started to air when I was in 8th grade and it was pretty much the first tv show since Dallas with it's who shot JR story line that sucked people in week after week to watch it. Peaks was way before it's time and it's mark has been seen in so many tv shows since like X-Files and even Lost. I would like sooner or later for Lynch to come back to Twin Peaks in some way to tie up some of the lose ends that were left at the end of the shows run. And for sure do we know that Paramount will re-release season 1 on dvd? The season box set thats out right now is pretty good in it's own right. I'd be all for Paramount just putting out season 2 with the pilot as one of the extras on the set.

dekadetia
was Born Innocent

#28 Post by dekadetia » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:59 am

Took this quote from the digital bits "rumor mill," about Paramount's release of season one. I guess its not totally official but it seems to be worth attention...

"Our sources within Paramount say it's almost a sure thing that you'll see Season Two, as well as a re-release of Season One with the Pilot included, released by Paramount as soon as the rights revert back to them around September 2005. The current rights holder, Lion's Gate (formally Artisan) has no plans to further exploit Twin Peaks or any of it's Spelling Entertainment titles due to the short time frame they have before the rights are lost."
This thread is now beginning to collide with this other thread -- and the last word to date on the subject is that the new "Peaks" set or sets will not be released until at least Spring 2006. Anyway, were they coming out next month, we'd already know. Such is the double-edged sword of David Lynch supervising the transfers (they'll be done right, but they'll take forever).
Last edited by dekadetia on Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Penny Dreadful

#29 Post by Penny Dreadful » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:11 am

and the last word to date on the subject is that the new "Peaks" set or sets will not be released until at least Spring 2005.
You meant 2006, right?

dekadetia
was Born Innocent

#30 Post by dekadetia » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 am

Penny Dreadful wrote:
and the last word to date on the subject is that the new "Peaks" set or sets will not be released until at least Spring 2005.
You meant 2006, right?
Oh hell yes. Thanks. [edits]

Fletch F. Fletch

#31 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:31 pm

Oooh, this would be sweet. Let's hope it happens. From Dugpa.com:
Twin Peaks Season 2 Soundtrack CD in the Works?
Tonight I was lucky enough to be in the chat room of David Lynch.com when David Lynch popped in. Below is one of my questions and answer that I got:

dugpa__ [11:10 PM PST]: I read on a message board a few months back that Angelo said he was working on getting some of the Twin Peaks Season 2 music out. Is there any truth to what I read?
DAVIDLYNCH [11:11 PM PST]: PERHAPS DUG - YES

It would be a great idea and marketing tie in to release this along with the 2006 Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD set. It makes perfect sense to me. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Now if only we could get the Deleted Scenes to FWWM released. :)

justeleblanc

#32 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:11 pm

I'm trying to think of the songs in season 2. There was "Just You And I" from episode 9 where James has that helium voice. Two more songs by Julee Cruise (already available on CD). There's that funky oriental sounding cue that you hear when Horne unknowingly tries to sleep with Audrey. There's that really cool guitar riff that seemed to accompany episode 8 a lot, especially when Donna sported the sunglasses.

I'm trying to think if there were any other musical numbers in the second season, I'm sure there had to be.

Fletch F. Fletch

#33 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:46 pm

It would be nice if Badalamenti tagged on that song from Fire Walk With Me that plays after "The Pink Room" ... "Blue Frank" I believe it is called. I love that song and was so bummed it wasn't included on the movie soundtrack.

Sorta kinda related. To get us all in the holiday spirit: "The Twelve Days Of Christmas" - Twin Peaks parody.
It was a Los Angeles rock radio station, KROQ, that first aired this Twin Peaks version of the "12 Days of Christmas". The same station put out a Christmas album and this song was included. The album was only available for sale in the Los Angeles area.

Anonymous

#34 Post by Anonymous » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:26 am

this whole TP nightmare has me so confused

i remember watching the pilot when it first aired, without really knowing what it was or what to expect. i must have been about 12 years old at the time. anyway, i haven't bought Season 1, though i'd ultimately love to own the entire series. however, the whole issue with the various versions of the pilot, how much of the pilot to watch, the feature film and so on, it's hard to figure out what to do.

i just hope they realize that many other viewers feel this way and plan their US box set release accordingly.

Fletch F. Fletch

#35 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:33 pm

According to Dugpa.com:
I have heard back from a contact at Paramount stating that they hope to have the Season 2 DVD out by mid to late 2006. Apparently the holdup now (according to my source) is trying to get into Lynch's schedule to do the transfers as he is quite busy working on INLAND EMPIRE.

The Invunche

#36 Post by The Invunche » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:05 pm

If that's the holdup I can live with it.

Fletch F. Fletch

#37 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:28 pm

the latest update from Dugpa.com:
Paramount Hints at Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD and News from Germany

The awesome website, TVSHOWSonDVD.com has an interesting article about a Twin Peaks promotional image that is up on the Paramount Press site. While it's no secret that Paramount plans on releasing Season 2 on DVD, the big questions are "When?" and "How will the quality compare to the Artisan Season 1 Boxed Set?" Well, previously we were told that Lynch would not be able to begin doing the transfers until he is finished with mixing Inland Empire, which won't be for another month or two I would guess. Interesting enough, I received an email today letting me know that according to the German "DVD-Magazin" (Issue 03/06 April, page 77) the Season 2 DVD Set of Twin Peaks RC2 will be released in Germany on June 1st. 2006, with reports that they are going to release all 22 Episodes of Season 2 in one set and not split in as it had been stated earlier. Well, this is quite interesting news. So back to the original questions... Will Twin Peaks Season 2 be released in June or will it wait until Lynch has more time to supervise the transfers. Even so, if Season 2 gets released in June, what will the transfers look like? Unless someone at Paramount wants to return my emails, and you know who you are, I guess we will have to just wait and see.

justeleblanc

#38 Post by justeleblanc » Thu May 25, 2006 2:15 pm

More news from davisdvd.com

Basically, it's what we know. Lynch will be remastering the audio and video of Season 2 after Inland Empire. And more of a "sort of" confirmation that Season 1 will be rereleased with the pilot.

Amazon has podcasts?

Solaris

#39 Post by Solaris » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:00 am

dekadetia
was Born Innocent

#40 Post by dekadetia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:14 am

Maybe -- another R4 store, dvdorchard, has had this up for preorder for something like two years now. They no longer list a release date, though. I don't find it plausible that a retailer would wind up scooping the release date anyway.

Fletch F. Fletch

#41 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:41 pm

Entertainment Weekly Twin Peaks DVD Article Online

According to an article published by Entertainment Weekly today, Paramount will be releasing both seasons of Twin Peaks in a single set by the end of the year. This doesn't mean that Season 2 will not be released separately as reported earlier. Just more confirmation that things are in the works.

denti alligator

#42 Post by denti alligator » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:45 pm

Does this mean I should sell my Season One box now? The new one will most likely include the pilot, right?

justeleblanc

#43 Post by justeleblanc » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:41 pm

Sell it dude. Before it's announced. I bet you can get at least 50 for it, if not 100. Hell, a friend of mine just sold the VHS tapes for 125.

Gregory

#44 Post by Gregory » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:22 am

There are several like-new copies on Amazon.com for $31 -- looks like one of them is Denti's. I predict that very few people will be in the market for this set now that it's been out for more than 5 years and with all the talk of new Twin Peaks releases that's been consistent over the last couple of years. I should have sold my copy a long time ago but I kept procrastinating.

Maybe I'll just take it to a local store that sells used DVDs and cut my losses. On the other hand, I might just keep it, supposing that at least some of the extra features will not carry over.

justeleblanc

#45 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:59 am

31 isn't so terrible. It depends on how much you paid for it, and how much you think the new set will cost.

richast2

#46 Post by richast2 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:59 am

Gregory wrote:Maybe I'll just take it to a local store that sells used DVDs and cut my losses. On the other hand, I might just keep it, supposing that at least some of the extra features will not carry over.
agreed--the set was loaded with easter eggs, and had tons of interviews. I doubt they'll all be carried over.

justeleblanc

#47 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:45 pm

I assume the log lady intros will be carried over.

richast2

#48 Post by richast2 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:13 pm

and hopefully remastered. IIRC, the quality on those was pretty poor.

sevenarts

#49 Post by sevenarts » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:35 pm

yea, i sold mine for around $35 a couple months ago, since i assume the new sets will be great, no reason i can think of that they won't at least have most of the same extras either.

Fletch F. Fletch

#50 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:53 pm

This sounds promising! From Dugpa:
September 12th 2006
Badalamenti to Release Twin Peaks Season 2 Music at the End of the Year Plus More!!!

I cannot believe that this is finally happpening, but you can check it out yourself. Yesterday on Angelo Badalamenti's Myspace Blog, he has posted the following:

Dear Fans,

We are currently putting together a CD collection of music from the second season of Twin Peaks. The album is set to be released towards the end of 2006 along side the second season DVD set.

We are also putting together an additional collection, consisting of more music from the entire series: The feature-length pilot, The 2 Seasons which aired on ABC, and the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. We want your input!

Post your favorite Twin Peaks moments under the MORE MUSIC FROM TWIN PEAKS entry on Angelo's MySpace blog.
Bad news, more delays, from Moviehole.net:
Would you believe Twin Peaks has been delayed?
September 15, 2006
You want the good news or the bad news first?

OK, the good news is, Diane Lane still looks tight in an undersized mini-skirt.

The bad news? The “Twin Peaks : Season 2â€