Breaking Bad

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Kracker

Re: Breaking Bad (Spoilers within)

#626 Post by Kracker » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Actually "Felina" has a much more elegant meaning. It's more of a title for the whole show.

Take the title and make the element symbols: Fe Li Na. Which would be Iron Lithium and Sodium.
Or "Blood, Meth, & Tears". Carry on.

flyonthewall2983

#627 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm

I found out somewhere that the finale is episode 62 and the 62nd element on the periodic table is samarium which is used for lung cancer treatments.

The Narrator Returns

#628 Post by The Narrator Returns » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:31 pm

There's also the Marty Robbins song "El Paso", which tells the story of a cowboy who falls for a Mexican woman named Feleena, and how he flees El Paso for "the badlands of New Mexico" after killing a man to protect her. He then returns, and dies in her arms. So, Feleena = the money?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#629 Post by domino harvey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:53 pm

I did not realize til I read an interview with him today that the actor playing Uncle Jack was also Buck in Kill Bill-- he's unrecognizable!

flyonthewall2983

#630 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:15 pm

He had a part in Jackie Brown as well, oddly enough. "My name is Buck, and I like to [party]" is probably my favorite dubbed-for-TV line.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#631 Post by mfunk9786 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 am

Also the angry stage father in Magnolia

willoneill

#632 Post by willoneill » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:27 am

Going way back, he's also James Spader's henchman who pimps out Robert Downey Jr. around town in Less Than Zero.

Brianruns10

#633 Post by Brianruns10 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:07 am

Okay everyone, last call on predictions. How's it go down tonight?

I'm going with the easy money: Walt goes Wild Bunch on the neo-Nazis leaving only him and Jesse remaining. Jesse then takes it upon himself to take out Walt for all that he has done up to now.

And while I don't expect this to be the case, I'd be thrilled if it ends with Jesse riding off with a barrel of cash and a tank of methylamine, ready to become the new meth king of the Southwest....

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#634 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:12 am

Todd kills Lydia when she rejects him. Jesse kills himself and the Nazis in the lab. Walt offs himself with the Ricin after some form of suicidal behavior

The Narrator Returns

#635 Post by The Narrator Returns » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 am

Frankly, the "White on ricin" (I'm so sorry) prediction is a bit far-fetched to me, considering that Walt is already dying slowly and painfully, so why would he need to take a slow-acting, painful poison?

My predictions: Walt kills Uncle Jack with ricin, Todd kills Lydia (good idea, domino, hadn't thought about that), Jesse kills Todd, and Jesse kills Walt, after which he decides to raise Brock as his own, because that's the happiest ending that could possibly be in store for him.

EddieLarkin

#636 Post by EddieLarkin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:59 am

Walt returns to ABQ to do what he can to make amends. He takes out the Nazis, destroys the lab, burns the blood money and ends the production of Blue Sky forever. Jesse might help him, he'll probably be the one to kill Todd. Ricin is probably for Lydia. Now that he has done what he can to put things right, Walt hands himself in to give closure to his family and take any heat off Skyler, but Marie shoots him whilst he is being arrested/at the police station.

Brianruns10

#637 Post by Brianruns10 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 am

That "ricin for Lydia" idea is a good one. The actress who plays her says they give her character an appropriate send off, and what could be more appropriate than slipping poison in one of her favored tea drinks (with Stevia).

kingofthejungle

#638 Post by kingofthejungle » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:38 am

Walt finds out that Grey Matter owns Madrigal, and that he's been working for the Schwartzes the whole time. Skyler marries Uncle Jack for his money. Jesse kills Todd. Walt Jr. kills Todd. Lydia kills Todd. The writers amp up the stakes for a Walt/Nazi showdown to impossible levels. They trap him, have him at gunpoint and as everyone awaits the wildly improbable deus-ex-machina that usually comes along to save Walt in such situations (I.e., Uncle Jack's sudden gush of generosity in the desert, Hank writing off Walt's investigation-thwarting car crash as a 'brain fart', etc), the screen goes black and we see the words 'Executive Producer Vince Gilligan'.

Red Screamer

#639 Post by Red Screamer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:12 pm

The last episode is 75 minutes of Walt proving to the Schwartzs how sweet, kind and brilliant he is. He'll show them.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#640 Post by swo17 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Entire episode of Walt trying to swat a fly.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#642 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Well, Landry did take care of the Epyck problem

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#643 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Huge laughs @ all the commentators who are still trying to pretend that this show doesn't absolutely love its protagonist after the show finally bowed out with a final installment of the Walter White Badass Hour. Sure, it was entertaining and I don't want to be accused of pissing on the parade of those who love the show, but wasn't this just a return to the smooth motions of his earlier escapades before things started deteriorating this season? I thought they'd follow him down a rabbit hole but I didn't think it'd end up in Wonderland

The Narrator Returns

#644 Post by The Narrator Returns » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm

That was disappointing. Although I was pleased that Jesse didn't give Walt the easy way out. I would have never forgiven the show if he did. Now, I'll probably forgive the show in about a week.

flyonthewall2983

#645 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Laughed out loud at Badger and Skinny Pete as the hitmen.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#646 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm

flyonthewall2983 wrote:Laughed out loud at Badger and Skinny Pete as the hitmen.
I will admit to enjoying that bit of fan service. I knew the hitman thing was a bluff but I couldn't figure out who in the world he'd get to play along, so I'll give credit where it's due there

kingofthejungle

#647 Post by kingofthejungle » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Wow, that really left no room for ambiguity. We were left with Walter White, Meth Christ.

knives

#648 Post by knives » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Meth Christ seems an exaggeration if not entirely a misinterpretation. He was a piece of shit who wanted a heroes death and didn't get one.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#649 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 pm

He was surrounded by the reminder of his brilliance and went out almost entirely on his terms (Jesse didn't do it but that hardly mattered when he was already wounded)-- you'd have to spin this pretty hard to come out as a denouncement of the character

Red Screamer

#650 Post by Red Screamer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 pm

domino harvey wrote:Huge laughs @ all the commentators who are still trying to pretend that this show doesn't absolutely love its protagonist after the show finally bowed out with a final installment of the Walter White Badass Hour.
The show loves Walter White but also sees how pathetic and flawed he is. Overall, he might have come off as heroic in this last episode, but it is in the minority within the show. The Walter White we see is a bumbling, ridiculous, klutz and a murdering madman. The viewers that see him as a badass must be wearing Heisenberg sunglasses while watching the show.