Six Feet Under

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Glass

#1 Post by Glass » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:15 pm

Six Feet Under 2001-2005

I thought this series deserved it own's topic, even if others like 'tv on dvd' exist.

I finally saw the fifth season, and.. I was blown away. There are just no other series, that is, no other audiovisual medium that gives me such an emotional grip and punch (and I rarely feel such strong emotions while watching anything). Even if the drama isn't handled that effectively at certain points, the death rate concerning familiy members is a bit too high (though justified in its dramatic appeal), it is the drama itself that feels so real, so true to life, if like the Fishers were familiy of your own.

The finale of the final episode had me cry like forever (oh my), and it is something more, about life itself that left me wondering after it ended. And that is something special only a few movies (Short Cuts, Yi Yi, Journal d'un curé de campagne, among others) could give me. But again, non had such an emotional appeal on me as Six Feet Under had, and in that thought, I rank it higher than most cinema I've watched and admired watching.

I hope to write some more, if my limited English vocabulary and writing skills let me. And by that saying, I hope you'll understand my limited way of expressing myself.

Feel free to give your opinion about Six Feet Under, which I like to hear; to discuss its subject handling and others. To compare the current dvd versions, and think about if this is also gonna hit HD-DVD/Blu-ray.

flyonthewall2983

#2 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm giving serious consideration to buying the big boxset with all the season and the two soundtracks released for it. I caught about half of the first season recently on Bravo! before they pulled it for some reason. Along with that, I saw pretty much every episode of the 3rd season and a large bulk of the final season.

From what I have seen, I've been intrigued, moved, and highly entertained. I found it easier to relate to the characters than almost any other show I've ever seen.

flyonthewall2983

Re: Six Feet Under

#3 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:11 pm

flyonthewall2983

#4 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Coming to Netflix November 1st

felipe

#5 Post by felipe » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:00 pm

flyonthewall2983 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:23 pm
Interesting. I thought HBO shows would only go to Max.

therewillbeblus

#6 Post by therewillbeblus » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:38 pm

felipe wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:00 pm
flyonthewall2983 wrote:
Back in June it was announced that WB would start licensing HBO legacy shows to Netflix. The titular change to dropping the HBO in “Max” was in part related to the service being less HBO-central with the Discovery acquisition, etc. Anyways, you can watch it (and some other shows, I think) in both places now.

Matt

#7 Post by Matt » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:38 pm

HBO had previously licensed older seasons of popular shows to Amazon Prime but stopped when HBO Max was devised to be a catch-all service.

felipe

#8 Post by felipe » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:37 pm

therewillbeblus wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:38 pm
felipe wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:00 pm
flyonthewall2983 wrote:
Back in June it was announced that WB would start licensing HBO legacy shows to Netflix. The titular change to dropping the HBO in “Max” was in part related to the service being less HBO-central with the Discovery acquisition, etc. Anyways, you can watch it (and some other shows, I think) in both places now.
Thanks. Didn't know that.