GLOW

Discuss TV shows old and new.

thirtyframesasecond

Re: Netflix Originals

#2 Post by thirtyframesasecond » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:53 am

mfunk9786 wrote:P.S. GLOW is a shabby but often amusing series, but does a bit too much playing around with an really unusual concept. Marc Maron's a standout, essentially playing a much angrier Ted V. Mikels type. It's not going to be getting any notices as the best show on television, but there's a solid foundation for the future there if it gets picked up (and being from some of the creative team behind Orange is the New Black likely gives it a leg up in that department)
Really liked the first episode of GLOW. Hopefully this continues!

jbeall

#3 Post by jbeall » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:03 pm

I thought GLOW was a lot of fun, with a good ensemble cast, though Marc Maron is great. Given the short-lived source material, I wouldn't expect it to last beyond a second season, which I'd gladly watch, but season 1 is self-contained enough that if the show doesn't get a second season, I'm fine with that.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

Re: GLOW

#4 Post by mfunk9786 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Gregor Samsa

#5 Post by Gregor Samsa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 am

A nice easter egg in the intro.

barryconvex
billy..biff..scooter....tommy

#6 Post by barryconvex » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 am

Just finished both seasons of GLOW. Along with being a tight, entertaining show we get an inspired Alison Brie. Holy shit, i had no idea she had these kind of chops. Picking up an entire series on your back and carrying it to the promised land is no small feat. I can't say enough about her work here. She's an absolute star...

Gregor Samsa

#7 Post by Gregor Samsa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:29 am

barryconvex wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 am
Just finished both seasons of GLOW. Along with being a tight, entertaining show we get an inspired Alison Brie. Holy shit, i had no idea she had these kind of chops. Picking up an entire series on your back and carrying it to the promised land is no small feat. I can't say enough about her work here. She's an absolute star...
Absolutely. Just finished Season 2 myself, and she's terrific in this. I particularly enjoyed
SpoilerShow
Episode 8, where besides the genius of presenting a crazy show-within-a-show version of GLOW she simultaneously conveys how campy the material is (complete with Zoya's virtuous goat-riding Russian twin Olga) and her joy in being able to perform it.

therewillbeblus

#8 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:29 am

Canceled by Netflix, won’t get planned fourth and final season

Murdoch

#9 Post by Murdoch » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Whoa, that's unfortunate. The last season set up Debbie's quest for independence coming full circle. It's unfortunate there won't be a resolution to that.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#10 Post by domino harvey » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Didn’t they do the same thing to Santa Clarita Diet— only three seasons on a planned four season show?