Inside Amy Schumer

Discuss TV shows old and new.
lacritfan
Life is one big kevyip

Inside Amy Schumer

#1 Post by lacritfan » Sun May 10, 2015 12:22 am

The previous seasons of Inside Amy Schumer were clever and funny but this season she's really killing it.

"Football Town Lights" has Josh Charles as the new Texas high school football coach with a new offense and a new rule - no raping. What if she's drunk? - No. What if she said yes to something earlier? - No. What if my mom's the town DA? - No. Meanwhile Amy as his wife just smiles at him while progressively drinking larger quantities of wine.

"Last Fuckable Day" has Amy coming across Tina Fey and Patricia Arquette as they celebrate Julia Louis-Dreyfus' passage into older actress who will stop getting young women roles - "like how Sally Field played Tom Hanks love interest then 20 minutes later played his mom."

"12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer" is epic. An episode-long black and white recreation of 12 Angry Men where they must decide if she's attractive enough to have her own TV show. John Hawkes channeling Henry Fonda must convince the others that Amy can give them "reasonable chub" - "Look, we've all at some point in our lives gotten a semi for a girl with a pillowy stomach or Muppet tits." The others argue girls like Amy, "the Mindy nightmare" and "the Lena-girl Holocaust hour” shouldn't have shows but Megan Fox and Kate Upton should. "But are those girls funny?" - "Well, no women are funny."

I was gonna say Amy Schumer is a lock for a Peabody Award this year but looked it up and turns out she already won one.

Tuco

Re: Inside Amy Schumer

#2 Post by Tuco » Sun May 10, 2015 3:16 am

Have to agree with previous posts. The show has gone from crude and usually funny to cruder and spot on. And I'm sure something could be implied by that last sentence.

12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer is fucking brilliant. I so very much hope this show has a long run. And not just because my wife loves it...

dx23

Re: Inside Amy Schumer

#3 Post by dx23 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Agree with the 12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer. That was incredibly brilliant and one of the best episodes of TV ever. It's exactly what I imagine network meetings to be.