It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:26 pm 

30 hours left to support Ron Diamond's 19th Animation Show of Shows. Lets make it happen!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:30 am 

Crowdfunder for a London screening of A Page of Madness with benshi narration

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:50 pm 

colinr0380 in January wrote:
kidc85 wrote:
88 Films (UK) have a project aiming to raise £10k to restore D'Amato's ABSURD. You need to pledge £45 to get a blu-ray of it, but their gimmick is for every additional £10k they raise they will restore another film: MASSACRE IN DINOSAUR VALLEY, AENIGMA and BEYOND THE DARKNESS, and you will receive those blu-rays as well.

It's a pretty ingenious campaign: they've already passed the £10k funding goal for ABSURD, so if they do manage to raise the full £40k then bully for them, and if they don't they've just charged a bunch of people £45 for a blu-ray. Win-win.

Just a quick heads up that I received a parcel today of all four of the 'Indiego-go'ed' discs (Absurd, Aenigma, Beyond The Darkness and Massacre In Dinosaur Valley), plus the T-shirt I had pledged for as well as a double-sided poster for Absurd/Rosso Sangue that I didn't remember being in the pledge, but which is much appreciated! So these discs are definitely on their way out to the backers now.

(I'd also pledged for the first fifteen titles of the Italian Collection series, which arrived a number of months ago, and the first four titles in the 88 Asia line, which came a couple of months before Christmas. So I think all that is left outstanding from this project would be the new version of Anthropophagous that was mentioned after the funds got past a certain point)

Out of nowhere (apologies in advance domino), and after saying that it likely would not happen, apparently 88 Films have remastered Anthropophagous, and are sending copies out to backers!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:18 pm 

Factory 25 is kickstarting a restoration and release of Alex Rockwell's In the Soup.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:04 am 

Adrian Martin has launched his website and an associated Patreon campaign, please support him if you can!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm 

The latest Kickstarter project by Edward Lorusso (which has already reached its goal as of this point) is to provide a DVD-R for Buried Treasure from 1921, another Marion Davies starring film, though this one is incomplete and missing its last reel which is going to be synopsised.

EDIT: And there has been a stretch goal, that has already been met, to add the fragments of surviving footage from the middle of 1919 film The Belle of New York to the disc:
Edward Lorusso wrote:
Marion Davies 1919 film The Belle of New York exists in fragmentary form: only reels 3 and 4 out of the original 5 reels exist. I'm not even sure these reels are complete, but they offer several very nice sequences of Davies as a Salvation Army girl as well as two brief nightclub scenes that are rumored to have been directed by Flo Ziegfeld.

The rumor makes sense because the scenes were filmed atop his famous Amsterdam Theater where he staged his "Midnight Frolic" shows. Davies had appeared in Ziegfeld's 1916 edition of his "Follies" which also boasted W.C. Fields and Fanny Brice.

Although the nightclub sequences do not include Davies, they are a gloriously giddy glimpse into the past. The surviving footage also features forgotten leading man, Raymond Bloomer, as Davies' drunken love interest.

Anyway, I've re-created all the credits and intertitles and have composed a simple music track for this shred of film history, which runs about 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 am 

Dario Argento's 'Suspiria' on 4K UHD & Blu-Ray in Steelbook packaging (950 copies only). It's only been live a couple of hours and they're already 34% funded.

No region clarification as far as I can see, but CultFilms is UK based.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am 

UHD does not have region coding.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am 

How good are Cult Films' Italian Blu rays that are being offered?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 pm 

Release KIDNAPPED (1917) + four short films on DVD(-R)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8