Worst DVD Covers...ever! (Part 4K)

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Worst DVD Covers...ever! (Part 4)

#626 Post by domino harvey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Part of a Fifty Shades of Gray promotion

cdnchris
Site Admin

#627 Post by cdnchris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm

I saw a bunch of those at Wal Mart or Target. Titles like that, Leap Year, Intolerable Cruelty, Sea of Love, and a couple others. They're all pretty awful.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#628 Post by domino harvey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Leap Year, one of the most brightly lit movies I've ever seen, got a dank cover too? Amazing!

vidussoni

#629 Post by vidussoni » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 am

Poor Matthew Macfadyen doesn't even get billed.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#630 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 pm

DarkImbecile
Ask me about my visible cat breasts

#631 Post by DarkImbecile » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:37 pm

domino harvey wrote:Image
That's a great buy, because my collection of the series is notably incomlpete.

The Elegant Dandy Fop

#632 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:20 pm

They manage to butcher a Cheap Trick cover and the Kiss logo on one box.

sir_luke

#633 Post by sir_luke » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:52 pm

I don't remember Coml Pete being involved in the show.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#634 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:36 pm

manicsounds

#635 Post by manicsounds » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:49 am

Is there a more appropriate cover to get the attention of Italian mondo/cannibal genre fans?

kidc85

#636 Post by kidc85 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Whilst searching Amazon for the pre-order of Chinese silent Goddess, this was the fourth option...
When Hillary Clinton wore that full length white pantsuit on the night she accepted the Democrat Party nomination for President, she was reaching back into time nearly 4,000 years to symbolically declare that she was the Sun Goddess in the Zoroastrian Tradition, exactly the symbolism the Roman Catholic Pope uses nearly every day to declare that he is the Sun God!

She was declaring that she was transcending politics in this present time, because she was spiritually transformed into a goddess!

We explore this white outfit phenomenon from the occult world, and by looking back at other facts in her life and career, we prove that Hillary is a high level Illuminati Witch and that she is poised to complete the 'Co-Presidency' that Bill Clinton promised in 1993.

If 'elected', Hillary is spiritually and politically prepared to surrender American sovereignty in the North American Union, establish tight Gun Control and implement the final changes needed to move this country, and the entire world, into the global government and economy into the Kingdom of Antichrist, a.k.a. New World Order.

Her white outfit tells the full, disastrous story, one that true Christians must understand.
Cool.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#637 Post by mfunk9786 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:04 pm

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#638 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Where the fuck is she going to run to, the other side of the stage?

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#639 Post by mfunk9786 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:29 pm

matrixschmatrix

#640 Post by matrixschmatrix » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:17 pm

kidc85 wrote:Whilst searching Amazon for the pre-order of Chinese silent Goddess, this was the fourth option...
When Hillary Clinton wore that full length white pantsuit on the night she accepted the Democrat Party nomination for President, she was reaching back into time nearly 4,000 years to symbolically declare that she was the Sun Goddess in the Zoroastrian Tradition, exactly the symbolism the Roman Catholic Pope uses nearly every day to declare that he is the Sun God!

She was declaring that she was transcending politics in this present time, because she was spiritually transformed into a goddess!

We explore this white outfit phenomenon from the occult world, and by looking back at other facts in her life and career, we prove that Hillary is a high level Illuminati Witch and that she is poised to complete the 'Co-Presidency' that Bill Clinton promised in 1993.

If 'elected', Hillary is spiritually and politically prepared to surrender American sovereignty in the North American Union, establish tight Gun Control and implement the final changes needed to move this country, and the entire world, into the global government and economy into the Kingdom of Antichrist, a.k.a. New World Order.

Her white outfit tells the full, disastrous story, one that true Christians must understand.
Cool.
This sounds fine right now

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#641 Post by domino harvey » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:39 pm

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#642 Post by swo17 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:19 am

The wait was worth it!

Gregory

#643 Post by Gregory » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:31 am

Rules of who were the filmmakers of Shampoo, Bonnie and Clyde, and Bugsy don't apply.

Re the Clinton exposé, James Brown also had an all white suit, had the ear of John Paul II, and HIllary featured his music in her campaign, so I guess he must have been the Sun Godfather.

Werewolf by Night

#644 Post by Werewolf by Night » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 pm

I can't find a source to cite for this, but "from the maker of" or "from the filmmaker of" are credits that apply to producers, which Beatty was on all of these films. "From the director of" is applied, obviously, to directors, and writers can avail themselves of the "from the creator of" credit.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#645 Post by domino harvey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:23 pm

I'd like to point out that all four of the pullquotes on the cover for a film about LA come from New York papers

Gregory

#646 Post by Gregory » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Werewolf by Night wrote:I can't find a source to cite for this, but "from the maker of" or "from the filmmaker of" are credits that apply to producers, which Beatty was on all of these films. "From the director of" is applied, obviously, to directors, and writers can avail themselves of the "from the creator of" credit.
I think I've only seen it applied to directors, usually with indie films. Referring to a producer as the filmmaker of x seems misleading at best (unless his first name is Val) and often would be kind of silly, like, "the filmmaker of Touch of Evil... Albert Zugsmith!"

To be fair, they did include an asterisk.

Professor Wagstaff

#647 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 am

In the case of all three of those films, Beatty was the one who developed and nurtured those projects. Reading the histories of those productions, he had tremendous control over their final form given in large part because of his obsessive nature and need to control everything he made. It may be a sly manipulation of language, but it's not wholly off the mark.

Gregory

#648 Post by Gregory » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 am

Valid point—consider the joke withdrawn.

Roger Ryan

#649 Post by Roger Ryan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 am

I would argue that any consumer who would recognize those film titles would be just as persuaded to buy this disc by the blurb "Warren Beatty made this".

"Hold on - this is from the filmmaker who made my favorite Hal Ashby movie? I gonna check this out!"

Orlac

#650 Post by Orlac » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:55 am

Werewolf by Night wrote:I can't find a source to cite for this, but "from the maker of" or "from the filmmaker of" are credits that apply to producers, which Beatty was on all of these films. "From the director of" is applied, obviously, to directors, and writers can avail themselves of the "from the creator of" credit.
The trailer for No Retreat, No Surrender credits Ng See-yuen as "The creator of Jackie Chan!"

I think Lo Wei might have had something to say about that!