Milestone

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
krnash

Re: Milestone

#626 Post by krnash » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Mine shipped too. Wow!

perkizitore

#627 Post by perkizitore » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Down to 75 now! :shock:

Cronenfly

#628 Post by Cronenfly » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Anyone know how to go about placing an order to Canada/how much shipping costs? I've sent an email, but I worry I won't get a response in time...

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#629 Post by swo17 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Is it not straightforward enough to figure out for yourself during the checkout process? It sounds like they're too busy packaging and shipping these to respond to emails. And they'll all be gone before the night's out.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#630 Post by domino harvey » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 pm

You can cancel with PayPal all the way up to the last confirmation screen during checkout, long after shipping is figured in, FYI

Ogre Kovacs

#631 Post by Ogre Kovacs » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Tried ordering and it is saying sold out. Man, I'm disappointed. Less than 3 hours after announcing.

shadedpain4

#632 Post by shadedpain4 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Ogre Kovacs wrote:Tried ordering and it is saying sold out. Man, I'm disappointed. Less than 3 hours after announcing.
Keep trying. The site seems to be glitchy. It showed sold out for me for both volumes for about 10 mins straight, but is now showing 8 copies of volume 1, and 57 copies of volume 2 left.

Ogre Kovacs

#633 Post by Ogre Kovacs » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Got one. Thanks. Are confirmation emails sent through a gmail account? That has me concerned since the newsletter is through milestonefilms.com email.
Last edited by Ogre Kovacs on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#634 Post by swo17 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Ogre Kovacs wrote:Less than 3 hours after announcing.
It's been 6 hours now.

Ogre Kovacs

#635 Post by Ogre Kovacs » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:21 pm

swo17 wrote:
Ogre Kovacs wrote:Less than 3 hours after announcing.
It's been 6 hours now.
My mistake. The email I received from Milestone was 3 hours ago. I see it was posted here earlier.

Oedipax

#636 Post by Oedipax » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:24 pm

It was saying both sets had sold out for me as well, but I tried again just now and managed to add both to my cart and check out.

Curse these limited runs. I just dropped $308 on impulse and fear of missing out :shock:

Also, where are you guys seeing stock count figures?

Ogre Kovacs

#637 Post by Ogre Kovacs » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Ogre Kovacs wrote:Are confirmation emails sent through a gmail account? That has me concerned since the newsletter is through milestonefilms.com email.
Nevermind. I answered my own question. They state the gmail address right on their website. I'll just shut up for now.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#638 Post by domino harvey » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:27 pm

It's okay, it's a big purchase and we're all a bit jumpy!

ALLCAPSAREBASTARDS

#639 Post by ALLCAPSAREBASTARDS » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:05 pm

I got Volume 1 and 2. Don't want to be the only one missing out on these sets.

Cronenfly

#640 Post by Cronenfly » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:49 pm

The Milestone site indicated that you needed to email ahead about shipping costs, but I tried PayPal and it turned out not to be an issue. Was about $35 dollars US to ship both to Canada, not bad at all for what looks to be fast shipping of two big sets.

barryconvex
billy..biff..scooter....tommy

#641 Post by barryconvex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:57 am

Missed out on Vol. 1 but got Vol. 2 at just after midnight east coast..

barryconvex

#642 Post by barryconvex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:16 am

I got a confirmation email from Milestone but the transaction is still pending in my paypal summary. Milestone's website has Vol. 2 as still available at 1:15 am EST. Damn, i hope this goes through...

feihong

#643 Post by feihong » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:47 am

I was on the same hook for most of the day. The payment went through a little while ago, though. So Milestone can't back out of this now.

I doubt Volume 3 will really be available in October, but the thought of going through this same harrowing experience next month is exasperating. I saw this announcement while I was driving to work. I pulled over and bought the thing on my phone. Like several people on the thread, I tried making the purchase about 3 times before it went through (the previous times the site reported it was out of stock––and then suddenly it changed!) Sitting in a loading zone in the middle of downtown L.A., while cars rush by you by the hundreds, trying all the while to buy Polish films on an old iphone with hardly any internet connection is not an experience I hope to repeat.

perkizitore

Re: Martin Scorsese Presents Masterpieces of Polish Cinema

#644 Post by perkizitore » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:34 am

Sold out from Milestone!
Last edited by perkizitore on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krnash

#645 Post by krnash » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:05 pm

feihong wrote:I was on the same hook for most of the day. The payment went through a little while ago, though. So Milestone can't back out of this now.

I doubt Volume 3 will really be available in October, but the thought of going through this same harrowing experience next month is exasperating. I saw this announcement while I was driving to work. I pulled over and bought the thing on my phone. Like several people on the thread, I tried making the purchase about 3 times before it went through (the previous times the site reported it was out of stock––and then suddenly it changed!) Sitting in a loading zone in the middle of downtown L.A., while cars rush by you by the hundreds, trying all the while to buy Polish films on an old iphone with hardly any internet connection is not an experience I hope to repeat.
#-o This just reads like the ultimate first world problem.

drdoros

#646 Post by drdoros » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Guys, we are a two-person company (I know you all know that) and we're rushing between accepting the money, printing out the orders and shipping labels, packing the boxes and going to the post office. We'll be (gratefully) taking your money today and tomorrow and we hope to have everything out by Monday the latest. :-)

xxnomad

#647 Post by xxnomad » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:09 pm

drdoros wrote:Guys, we are a two-person company (I know you all know that) and we're rushing between accepting the money, printing out the orders and shipping labels, packing the boxes and going to the post office. We'll be (gratefully) taking your money today and tomorrow and we hope to have everything out by Monday the latest. :-)
thank you for your hard work.

barryconvex

#648 Post by barryconvex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes, thank you for everything. I just got my order officially confirmed, Happy days!!

uks2h

#649 Post by uks2h » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm

xxnomad wrote:
drdoros wrote:Guys, we are a two-person company (I know you all know that) and we're rushing between accepting the money, printing out the orders and shipping labels, packing the boxes and going to the post office. We'll be (gratefully) taking your money today and tomorrow and we hope to have everything out by Monday the latest. :-)
thank you for your hard work.
I second that! Thank you!

feihong

#650 Post by feihong » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 am

krnash wrote:
feihong wrote:I was on the same hook for most of the day. The payment went through a little while ago, though. So Milestone can't back out of this now.

#-o This just reads like the ultimate first world problem.

I suppose that's true. To be fair, we're talking about movies on a DVD/blu Ray/ film website. Most of what we're going to be talking about here are first world problems. It seems to me there isn't quite enough supply to meet the demand, when it comes to these sets. Nobody seems to be releasing these films elsewhere in the world. It would be a shame to miss out. I can sympathize with that feeling.