Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection / Blackmail / Murder!

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
dustybooks

Re: Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection / Blackmail / Murder!

#51 Post by dustybooks » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:59 pm

It will be nice to finally discard my bad pseudo-PD copies of these, although with Rich and Strange gone I don’t have strongly positive memories of any of the included titles, though I remember liking all except The Farmer’s Wife. But I’m a Hitchcock completist so I will be happy to have better quality copies, and I’m looking forward to the Pinkerton commentary.

TMDaines

Re: Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection / Blackmail / Murder!

#53 Post by TMDaines » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 am

I really want this. Don't particularly understand why they all remain unreleased in the UK.

Calvin

#54 Post by Calvin » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:53 am

TMDaines wrote:I really want this. Don't particularly understand why they all remain unreleased in the UK.
Seeing as they're owned by Studio Canal, I hope that Indicator would have licensed them in their recent deal. I'm sure they'd relish the chance to work on some Hitchcock.

htdm

#55 Post by htdm » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:10 pm

And hopefully with the addition of Easy Virtue.

MichaelB

#56 Post by MichaelB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:26 pm

htdm wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:10 pm
And hopefully with the addition of Easy Virtue.
Owned by ITV, which is presumably why it's not in this box and why it wouldn't be in a hypothetical UK equivalent either.

(The early Hitchcocks are divvied up between ITV and StudioCanal depending on which ended up with the relevant production company catalogue. And if it's ITV, the most likely label to release it is Network.)

kcota17

#57 Post by kcota17 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Hopefully a UK release of Blackmail is more adequately presented on blu-ray