Oscilloscope Pictures

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
knives

Re: Oscilloscope Pictures

#251 Post by knives » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am

Nope.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#252 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Criterion in the future, perhaps? Otherwise, why would this be going OOP so quickly when O-Scope owns the rights? Andrea Arnold is already in the collection, and Wuthering Heights is a great film that warrants some supplemental features, of which there are none on the O-Scope disc.

Professor Wagstaff

#253 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm

If that were the case, I wish they'd give me a little time to enjoy my O-scope edition first and maybe try to release Red Road in the mean time.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#254 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Why do I assume that "enjoy my O-Scope edition" = "sell for OOP prices"? ;)

manicsounds

#255 Post by manicsounds » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 am

Considering that if one of their releases goes OOP and you miss it, you will never be able complete the full spine artwork collection...

JFarnsworth

#256 Post by JFarnsworth » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Oscilloscope Laboratories presents

REALITY
Directed by MATTEO GARRONE

On Blu-ray and DVD August 13th, 2013

"Classic Fellini Insanity."
- Entertainment Weekly

"Dazzlingly Rich."
- Village Voice

"If Luis Buñuel were alive today, this is what I'd expect him to be up to."
- The AV Club

"Garrone offers a glimpse not only of one man, but also of the soul of a people."
- New York Times

From acclaimed director Matteo Garrone, REALITY is a darkly comic look at Luciano, a charming and affable fishmonger whose unexpected and sudden obsession with being a contestant on the reality show “Big Brother” leads him down a rabbit hole of skewed perceptions and paranoia. So overcome by his dream of being on reality TV, Luciano’s own reality begins to spiral out of control, making for one of the most compelling tragicomic character studies since Scorsese’s The King of Comedy.

Purchase the DVD or Blu-ray from Oscilloscope Laboratories:
http://www.oscilloscope.net/films/film/80/Reality" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also available at most major retailers.

SPECIAL FEATURES

- Deleted scenes
- New interview with director Matteo Garrone
- Dreams Are My Reality - on-set footage with cast and crew
- Inside Reality - score, special effects, production design
- Profile of Aniello Arena - "Luciano", actor and felon
- Theatrical trailer

JFarnsworth

#257 Post by JFarnsworth » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:09 pm

That box image is practically actual size, sorry guys.
But the Blu-ray / DVD release is awesome! Really proud of this one, hope you all like it.

htshell

#258 Post by htshell » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Oscilloscope picks up Matt Wolf's (Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell) doc Teenage, Indiewire reports.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#259 Post by domino harvey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:45 pm

There will be a one day sale on Monday Dec 2nd. If you're a Circle of Trust member, they've sent warning not to buy anything, as we will get a special offer direct AFTER the sale. Also, free streaming code for 12 O'Clock Boys, one of the label's forthcoming 2014 films, have also been emailed

pzadvance

#260 Post by pzadvance » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:20 pm

domino harvey wrote:There will be a one day sale on Monday Dec 2nd. If you're a Circle of Trust member, they've sent warning not to buy anything, as we will get a special offer direct AFTER the sale. Also, free streaming code for 12 O'Clock Boys, one of the label's forthcoming 2014 films, have also been emailed
So... any Circle of Trust members hear anything more about this yet?

BigMack3000

#261 Post by BigMack3000 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Nope. I assumed I had missed it, so I sent a quick email to Oscilloscope but haven't heard back yet.

pzadvance

#262 Post by pzadvance » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Just got the email. 70% off the already-discounted web store price. Pretty fantastic! Anybody have any recommendations of what to pick up?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#263 Post by domino harvey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:45 pm

FrontRunners

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#264 Post by domino harvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Does anyone else feel like the quality of recent releases for Oscilloscope has gone way down? My Circle of Trust subscription is about to expire and for the first time in years I feel no need to continue

JamesF

#265 Post by JamesF » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am

Oscilloscope are crowdfunding a 2K restoration of Kelly Reichardt's River Of Grass.

Having already grappled with the current master for this flick (a pretty knackered DigiBeta tape) myself when producing Soda's Reichardt BD set last year, I can certainly testify that this film sorely needs a new master. But no Blu-Ray copy reward option? Hmmm...

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#266 Post by Drucker » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:51 am

Curious to hear from people within the industry: if 20k would fun a 2k restoration and DVD, how much would it cost to do a 2k restoration and a blu-ray? 40k? 100k?

Oscilloscope

#267 Post by Oscilloscope » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Hey Drucker. Straight from the horse's mouth here:

In short, no, $20k is not enough to fund a 2k restoration and DVD, let alone a blu-ray additionally. At least not the way that we are doing it. There are shortcuts to be made that may allow one to eke in under that figure, but it wouldn't necessarily be doing it properly.

There's a great amount of expense involved that is not captured in this KS campaign that we are planning on covering otherwise.

Restorations are expensive (and getting more so with the decline in labs to do the work) and unfortunately don't pay back, monetarily speaking.

O-Scope

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#268 Post by tenia » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 pm

I remember Gaumont usually talking of about 80-100 k€ for a 2K restoration + separate DVD and BD releases. Not sure if it's the case here, but it seems to be.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#269 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Minkin

#270 Post by Minkin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Haha, well I was actually going to post in this thread today asking whether Oscilloscope was still in business anymore (have they released anything to disc in the past two years or are we just really bad at keeping up with them)?

Looks like the Kickstarter campaign was a success. Are there plans for any other films?

CR2

#271 Post by CR2 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:22 am

Minkin wrote:(have they released anything to disc in the past two years or are we just really bad at keeping up with them)?
The last 2 years have yielded 13 films from their label by my count to disc. Their most recent release was Andrew Napier's Mad as Hell in April, and going by Spine numbers listed on their website, they have MANY more titles planned for the future as well. So yes, they're very much still active, I just don't think this thread gets used a lot.

manicsounds

#272 Post by manicsounds » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 am

It's been more than a year since their theatrical release of "Metro Manila" yet no Blu or DVD release of it so far. They are not as consistent in releases as they used to be. I liked their FB page to get release news, but video releases are rare and few.

Gregory

#273 Post by Gregory » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Are Circle of Trust members here still getting their stuff? Looks like a few people who have posted on the O-scope Facebook page are wondering what's going on.
It's disappointing how many of their newer releases are DVD only.
They need badly to update their website, which seems to be having some problems and doesn't include all the titles that are up for preorder at Amazon.
One of many of their DVD-only titles looks to be La Ciudad (according to Amazon; it's listed nowhere at Oscillosope.net). I figured would have to have a Blu-ray because the Kickstarter for it promised both formats. The objective of the campaign was to remaster the film "for new audiences. And for the future." I already have the the film on the New Yorker DVD and was looking forward to upgrading it, not seeing it remastered and compressed onto a newer DVD that's priced at $35. Maybe something will change between now and October, but for now I'm left to spend time roaming around Facebook for updates about many of these releases and finding out very little.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#274 Post by domino harvey » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:05 pm

It's a shame, this little label used to care a great deal for its customers and Circle of Trust members especially. I'm assuming shakeups behind the scenes are why everything is how it is now. I'm gratified I canceled my CoT subscription last year at least

knives

#275 Post by knives » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Wasn't the case that MCA's death shook things up seriously plus the exodus to A24 by some employees .