Oscilloscope Pictures

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
kcota17

Re: Oscilloscope Pictures

#351 Post by kcota17 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 am

Will Old Joy be coming soon as well?

JamesF

#352 Post by JamesF » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 am

Great to hear the film is available in HD again for those who missed out on the Soda boxset. I’ve long tried to persuade my boss that we should repress the W&L disc on its own but to no avail - so don’t wait for a more affordable alternative from us!

Adam X

#353 Post by Adam X » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 am

I recently bought a copy of November that came in a standard BD case. Have Oscilloscope started selling the digipak editions only via their website, or did the first pressing weirdly sell out extraordinarily fast?

Oscilloscope

#354 Post by Oscilloscope » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:00 am

Adam Grikepelis wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 am
I recently bought a copy of November that came in a standard BD case. Have Oscilloscope started selling the digipak editions only via their website, or did the first pressing weirdly sell out extraordinarily fast?
The digipacks are available through select retailers, but the only way to guarantee receiving it is to order it directly through us, I’m afraid. They are limited edition runs, so we can’t ensure all retailers have them, and some retailers wouldn’t want them anyway.

If the version you bought elsewhere is still able to be returned, we’d happily match that price for a replacement if you just email us at info@oscilloscope.net.

Adam X

#355 Post by Adam X » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks for the info and the kind offer but, living overseas, returning things to the US I find, is usually more trouble than it’s worth.

Oscilloscope

#356 Post by Oscilloscope » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 am

kcota17 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 am
Yes... but not from us, I'm afraid.

kcota17

#357 Post by kcota17 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:27 am

Oscilloscope wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 am
kcota17 wrote:
Oh no :( at least you guys are doing Wendy and Lucy!

Do you know who has Old Joy?

Oscilloscope

#358 Post by Oscilloscope » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:52 am

kcota17 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:27 am
Oscilloscope wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 am
kcota17 wrote:
Oh no :( at least you guys are doing Wendy and Lucy!

Do you know who has Old Joy?
It's not really our place to say, but we do have the highest confidence that it'll be an exceptional release. Keep an eye out.

Oscilloscope

#359 Post by Oscilloscope » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 pm

SUMMER 1993 Blu-ray & DVD is now available for pre-order. Releasing September 18th. We didn't make a TON so get in on the pre-order to guarantee you get the O-Scope build.

https://store.oscilloscope.net/products/summer-1993

In the summer of 1993, following the death of her parents, six years old Frida moves from Barcelona to the Catalan province to live with her aunt and uncle, who are now her new legal guardians. The country life is a challenge for Frida – time passes differently in her new home and the nature that surrounds her is mysterious and estranging. She now has a little sister for whom she has to take care of and has to deal with new feelings, such as jealousy. Often, Frida is naively convinced that running away would be the best solution to her problems. Yet, the family does what it can to achieve a fragile new balance and bring normality to their life. Occasional family outings to a local fiesta or a swimming pool, cooking or listening to jazz in the garden bring them moments of happiness. Slowly, Frida realizes that she is there to stay and has to adapt to the new environment. Before the season is over, she has to cope with her emotions and her parents have to learn to love her as their own daughter.

100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 75 reviewshttps://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/summer_1993. \:D/

Woo!

Oscilloscope

#360 Post by Oscilloscope » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi folks, sorry we've been so silent on here! Since we released SUMMER 1993, we also released SOLLERS POINT, THE KING and WILD COMBINATION on Blu-ray and DVD. :shock:

We also wanted to come here to let you know that we're doing a sale, today through Monday 11/26. Almost everything in the store is 50% off with code SCOPESGIVING!

If you have any questions or concerns, let us know here or email us at info@oscilloscope.net. Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Oscilloscope

#361 Post by Oscilloscope » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm

MADELINE'S MADELINE is out on DVD and Blu-ray TODAY!

https://store.oscilloscope.net/products ... s-madeline

Madeline got the part! She’s going to play the lead in a theater piece! Except the lead wears sweatpants like Madeline’s. And has a cat like Madeline’s. And is holding a steaming hot iron next to her mother’s face—like Madeline is. Madeline (newcomer Helena Howard) has become an integral part of a prestigious physical theater troupe. When the workshop's ambitious director (Molly Parker) pushes the teenager to weave her rich interior world and troubled history with her mother (Miranda July) into their collective art, the lines between performance and reality begin to blur. The resulting battle between imagination and appropriation rips out of the rehearsal space and through all three women’s lives. Writer/director Josephine Decker utilizes a welcome expressionistic approach that imbues her subjects with a vibrant sense of urgency. Anchored by a virtuoso performance from newcomer Helena Howard, whose powerful screen presence commands attention, Decker’s film displays a rare sensitivity for capturing the messy struggles of discovering a sense of one's self that defies easy narrative categorization.

Directed by Josphine Decker and featuring performances by breakout star Helena Howard as well as Miranda July and Molly Parker.

Low key, we also listed JOHN MCENROE: IN THE REALM OF PERFECTION for pre-order as well :) Release date 2/5!
https://store.oscilloscope.net/products/john-mcenroe

Oscilloscope

#362 Post by Oscilloscope » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi all!

We're so pleased to announce that we will be releasing COLUMBUS on DVD and Blu-ray this March!

Pre-orders are open now: https://store.oscilloscope.net/products/columbus

Casey lives with her mother in a little-known Midwestern town haunted by the promise of modernism. Jin, a visitor from the other side of the world, attends to his dying father. Burdened by the future, they find respite in one another and the architecture that surrounds them.

Also, just a reminder that JOHN MCENROE releases tomorrow!
https://store.oscilloscope.net/products/john-mcenroe

Written and directed by Julien Faraut and narrated by Mathieu Amalric, JOHN MCENROE: IN THE REALM OF PERFECTION revisits the rich bounty of 16-mm-shot footage of the left-handed tennis star John McEnroe, at the time the world’s top-ranked player, as he competes in the French Open at Paris’s Roland Garros Stadium in 1984. Close-ups and slow motion sequences of McEnroe competing, as well as instances of his notorious temper tantrums, highlight a ”man who played on the edge of his senses.” Far from a traditional documentary, Faraut probes the archival film to unpack both McEnroe’s attention to the sport and the footage itself, creating a lively and immersive look at a driven athlete, a study on the sport of tennis and the human body and movement, and finally how these all intersect with cinema itself.

Oscilloscope

#363 Post by Oscilloscope » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi all,

It's been a while. We've release a bunch of new things since our last post including On Her Shoulders, Hal, Wrestle, May It Last: A Portrait of the Avett Brothers, Combat Obscura and Relaxer. We really have to get better about posting, sorry about that. Hope you all got your hands on any titles you were eyeing!

Just wanted to let you know about our newest release, coming out tomorrow SEARCHING FOR INGMAR BERGMAN directed by Margarethe von Trotta.

"On the 100th anniversary of his birth, internationally renowned director Margarethe von Trotta examines Ingmar Bergman’s life and work with a circle of his closest collaborators as well as a new generation of filmmakers. This documentary presents key components of his legacy, as it retraces themes that recurred in his life and art and takes us to the places that were central to Bergman’s creative achievements."

Special features include a new interview with Margathe von Trotta as well as a Panel discussion from Il Cinema Ritrovato with Margarethe von Trotta, Felix Moeller, and Jan Holmberg of The Ingmar Bergman Foundation. Moderated by Ehsan Khoshbakht.

https://store.oscilloscope.net/collecti ... ar-bergman

nitin

#364 Post by nitin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 pm

Oscilloscope has a 50%off sale on their website at the moment.

However, their international shipping charges make it non-viable for me. I had 4 blu rays in my cart (Madeline’s Madeline, Columbus, River Of Grass and Always Shine) and after the discount the item cost was $65.50 but shipping to Australia was $50.11!!!!

furbicide

#365 Post by furbicide » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:30 am

We've really been screwed over by the GST changes over here, hey. Getting books or DVDs to Australia certainly isn't as cheap as it used to be. I'd recommend asking Oscilloscope's publicity people if they have any alternative international shipping options – I did that once with another boutique overseas DVD outlet and they found another shipping method for me, which I really appreciated.

Adam X

#366 Post by Adam X » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 am

I bought the 3 Kelly Reichardt blu’s from them last year, & would’ve got more, but the shipping for that (to Australia) was $33. The high cost might be because they’re using tracked shipping, but it was only via 1st class int’l I think, so I’m not quite sure why it’s so much. They’re not the only label with this issue, though.

nitin

#367 Post by nitin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 am

Yes I believe the issue is with the upped USPS rates, particularly for tracked international shipping, rather than the changed GST laws in Australia (in all honesty they affect non-US purchases more as the non Amazon options for non-US purchase are more limited).

Have sent them an email asking if they might have other non-tracked options available.

nitin

#368 Post by nitin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am

So in a fantastic display of customer service Oscilloscope looked into their international shipping rates and have already implemented changes so that international shipping will now be a flat rate of $10, $20 or $25 depending on size and weight of the order.

My previous 4 blu ray order is now showing $20 shipping to Australia which is far more palatable and comparable to other outlets like SAE and Mondo Macabro, Vinegar Syndrome and cheaper than Diabolik.

furbicide

#369 Post by furbicide » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:42 am

That’s wonderful to hear, nitin. :)

JAP

#370 Post by JAP » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:44 pm

The cheaper shipping option was the difference between sitting out of a promotion or ordering 3 items. Well done, Oscilloscope!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#371 Post by domino harvey » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Shipping for one movie was $6 in the US, which is ridiculous, but it did get here pretty quickly. I miss the old green mailing boxes, but that may just date how long it’s been since I ordered from Oscilloscope!

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#372 Post by swo17 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:54 pm

I believe that was a flat shipping cost regardless of how much you ordered

Oscilloscope

#373 Post by Oscilloscope » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:34 am

Hey whats up DVD freaks. We have a fresh new offering for you: Jill Magid's THE PROPOSAL, a tense and mysterious art-world documentary.

"Known as “the artist among architects,” Luis Barragán is among the world’s most celebrated architects of the 20th century. Upon his death in 1988, much of his work was locked away in a Swiss bunker, hidden from the world’s view. In an attempt to resurrect Barragán’s life and art, boundary redefining artist Jill Magid creates a daring proposition that becomes a fascinating artwork in itself—a high-wire act of negotiation that explores how far an artist will go to democratize access to art."

Special features include feature-length audio commentary by director Jill Magid, executive producer Laura Poitras, and producer/cinematographer Jarred Alterman, video interview with Jill Magid by Artforum (2016), and the Theatrical Trailer

https://store.oscilloscope.net/products/the-proposal

brundlefly

#374 Post by brundlefly » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:09 am

Week-after-Black-Friday sale. 50% off with WHACKFRIDAY at https://store.oscilloscope.net/

zedz

#375 Post by zedz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:39 am

LA CUIDAD

Fine multi-story portrait of the Latin American immigrant community in New York, framed with the characters having their portraits taken in a tiny photographer’s studio.

It’s a good example of neo-neorealism, created through extensive workshops with non-actors, shot in the real locations and developed and shot over several years on a tiny budget. Superb black and white photography. The individual tales are more vignettes than tightly developed stories, but that’s in line with the fresco feel. Solid extras give a lot of valuable background information.