Winner of the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring is a harrowing tale of faith, revenge, and savagery in medieval Sweden. Starring frequent Bergman collaborator and screen icon Max von Sydow, the film is both beautiful and cruel in its depiction of a world teetering between paganism and Christianity, and of one father's need to avenge the death of a child.
- Audio commentary by Ingmar Bergman scholar Birgitta Steene
- New video interviews with actresses Gunnel Lindblom and Birgitta Pettersson
- Introduction by filmmaker Ang Lee
- An audio recording of a 1975 American Film Institute seminar by Bergman
- Optional English-dubbed soundtrack